Alberton & Fighera

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Loretta1960

Alberton & Fighera

Post by Loretta1960 »

I'm looking for more information on the surnames of Alberton & Fighera from the Veneto region. I've made it back to 1843 and now it has become difficult.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Alberton & Fighera

Post by Italysearcher »

You will probably need to access parish records. If you know the parish you could write to the priest for information.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Since there are 200+ persons surnamed ALBERTON and 76+ persons surnamed FIGHERA listed in the telephone directory for the Veneto region can you be more specific so that we can direct you more easily in the event that parish records are not available? Peter
~Peter~
Christina

Post by Christina »

I have just started my search after taking a genealogy course.. I did find my great-grand father Alberton who left Castelfranco in 1908 with his wife who's last name was Zanini arriving at Ellis Island on their way to northern Ontario Canada where his brother Giacomo was living in Huntsville ON. I may have found Giacomo Alberton's death certificate where he passed in British Columbia at the age of 69. I have yet to confirm the citations I have. Any help or possible directions/contacts/registrars/ etc at all would greatly be appreciated. I'm taking Italian classes to help in the search.