re:marriage in messina province

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:marriage in messina province

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

if possible,is there anyone out there that could check out a possible marriage for me? the names are francesco landino and maria bonarrigo.the location is the frazione of soccorso,part of gualtieri sicamino.the time periood would be ca.1866-1872.this may be available at lds online digitized records.i tried to check it out myself but my eyesite is not so good.couoldn't find indexes but they may be there.thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:marriage in messina province

Post by adelfio »

John checked the marriages Soccorso,Gualtieri Sicamino 1867-1972 no indexes went through records. No marriage of Francesco Landino and Maria Bonarrigo
The year 1866 in Soccorso was just in the marriage publications nothing there either record number #9 is missing

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Re: re:marriage in messina province

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks marty.as,if there were a marriage between francesco and maria,it most likely would have been in one of 3 places-palermo,francesco's comune of origin,gualtieri sicamino(inc.soccorso the frazione where she was born),maria's comune of origin,or barcellona pozzo di gotto,where at least 2 of their children were born.nothing found in any of them ca.1867-1872(used this time period as,in 1867 francesco would only have been 16 and unlikely married,and 1872,when oldest child salvatore was born,thereby safely covering all possible years).thanks for checking.i'm beginniong to think,after many years research,that as no marriage has been found,there was none.even though francesco notes maria as his wife at the birth of son salvatore(he was missing according to the birth of his daughter mattia in 1880),this may have simply to protect her honor,and as no proof of marriage was needed to make this declaration,it simply passed as correct.possibly a church marriage,but as i have contacted the diocese of messina many times,as well as the parish of s.sebastiano in barcellona,i've given up.just trying one or two last ditch efforts!