Giuseppe Bernardo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
James Graham
Veteran
Veteran

Giuseppe Bernardo

Post by James Graham »

I'm looking for information on a Giuseppe Bernardo. I believe him to be from Favara, Agrigento. Born 26th, December 1887. Name of father listed as Stephen.

Thanks,
Jim
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Bernardo

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Jim :-D

Birth Act of Giusppe Bernardo in 1887
Act #752
Dated 27 December 1887 at 9:23 AM at the town office in Favara
Before the official appeared
Stefano Bernardo, son of deceased Vincenzo, of age 56, shoemaker residing in this town, to declare that at 2 AM yesterday (26th) of the current month, at the place at Via Rugerro Mastrangelo #11, to Carmela Calzarano, daughter of deceased Giuseppe, of age 38, his wife residing with him, was born a male child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name GIUSEPPE
Witnesses to the recording of the act: Michele Vallo, 57, sulfur miner; and Michelangelo Di Giacomo, 57, sulfur miner.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244936201

AND...
Marriage of Stefano Bernardo and Maria Carmela Calzarano in 1875

Act #94
Dated 6 November 1875 at 7:15 PM at the town office, before the official, open to the public…
Appeared:
1 – Stefano Bernardo, single, age 45, shoemaker born and residing in Favara, son of deceased Vincenzo who resided in Favara until his death; and of Gaetana Patti, residing in Favara.
AND
2 – Maria Carmela Calzarano, single, age 28, landowner, born and resigin in Favara; daughter of deceased Giuseppe who resided in Favara furing his lifetime; and of deceased Maria Rosa Zambito who resided in Favara until her death.

Publication of the banns was made on 24 and 31 of the previous month.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/1892/31 ... 8250-00778

T.
James Graham
Veteran
Veteran

Post by James Graham »

Thanks for that.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

This is a really minor point, but I believe the witness to the birth was Michele Vullo, not Vallo. Vullo is/was a common name in Agrigento province, whereas Vallo is not found in Sicily at all now.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

In the index for the letter V for the birth records (starting with image 1504), you can see that the surname in the town was clearly Vullo. The only other surname close in spelling was Vella. I agree with carubia that the witness Michele's surname was Vullo.
Erudita