Raffaelo De Nobile

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Raffaelo De Nobile

Post by TonyDiNobile »

"My Great Grandfather Raffaele De Nobile came from san vito chietini. he was born in 1876 and came to Montreal after arriving to New York in 1897"....I received this in a Facebook message....So I found the record below

Raffaelo De Nobile
United States Italians to America Index, 1855-1900
birth: 1876 Italy
residence: 26 May 1897 Brooklyn
immigration: 26 May 1897 New York, New York, New York, United States

I'm trying to trace this De Nobile Line and also see IF there might be connection with another Di Nobile researcher's ancestor who I helped a few years back....Below is her Great Grandfather .

Gennaro De Nobile
New York, Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924
residence: S. Vito Chut
birth: 1873
immigration: 4 December 1905
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Raffaelo De Nobile

Post by TonyDiNobile »

I'LL try and see if I can find a birth record , that way I can get his parents names and than hopefully be able to find any siblings of Raffaelo De Nobile and than I should have enough information to setup a basic family tree .
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Tony just in case you need assistance this is the best way to go to obtain birth,marriage or death records from San Chietino. Go to www.circolocalabrese.org for form letter in Italian to e-mail the vital records office (Stato Civile) in San Cheitino. Click genealogy when site comes up for form letter generator. Send e-mail to GIULIANO.SBARAGLIA@COMUNE.SANVITOCHIETINO.CH.IT . There normally is no charge, usually 4-6/8 weeks. If requesting birth records use term ESTRATTO DI NASCITA=long form for more information in the birth record.

To help you now and in the future get easy to read book Italian Genealogy Records by Trafford R. Cole form your library or buy it. Its an easy read and will help you and us help you even more since you will know what you want to request at some future date. Peter
~Peter~
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Thank you Peter....I will bookmark that website for future use and suggest that the person who messaged me check it out as well .
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

We did this dance sometime in 2007 (see google.com) and by this time why would you need anybody when you can do this yourself since you seem to have a handle on things? Peter
~Peter~
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Thank You for your help Peter....I won't bother you any further .
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

It would seem logic and ethics 101. Peter
~Peter~
ItalianOrigins

Post by ItalianOrigins »

TonyDiNobile wrote:I'LL try and see if I can find a birth record , that way I can get his parents names and than hopefully be able to find any siblings of Raffaelo De Nobile and than I should have enough information to setup a basic family tree .
Hello Tony, I live ten minutes away from San Vito Chietino, feel free to contact me if you need any help with your research.
Genealogy Tours and Family History researches throughout Italy
http://www.southernitalytravel.com/en/P ... logy-Tours
Reviews: http://www.southernitalytravel.com/reviews
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Thank You !