TERAMO ABRUZZI FAMILY TREES

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

TERAMO ABRUZZI FAMILY TREES

Post by LoralDojo »

I've compiled a lot of information on families from Moro D'orro, Notaresco, Castelalto... and so on and so forth... Hit me up with your family name and I might be able to help you connect the dots. loreenevans@yahoo.com and put in the subject TERAMO ABRUZZI or something so I don't ignore your email... or post here and I will check back semi annually or so.

wherever peter timber ended up.... I found my entire Abbruzzesi family tree back into the 1700s... i found my cousins in Italy.... I've gone on to find my cousins family trees.... all of this has been done primarily through FamilySearch.org ... I was fortunate that they had transcribed most of Teramo's records ... I have had almost No Luck with my Marchegiani family (Angelini, Constantino, Di Guldi)

My family names are too numerous to list, I appear to be related to nearly all of Teramo and some of Chieti. If you happen to be a descendant of Italian Immigrants to Philadelphia who lived in and around the 49th Street neighborhood, I know your family and I am probably related to you. If I'm not, my cousin definitely is and I've more than likely searched your family tree.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: TERAMO ABRUZZI FAMILY TREES

Post by PeterTimber »

I came across your good news quite by accident and am very happy for your successful family researches. Lately I have been finally achieving a breakthrough in 50 year legend about Abruzzo and being the stopping off place for veterans of the 10th legion called back from England during Emperor Hadrians reign to Rome and giving the veterans and their families who were native to England and some from The Netherlands tracts of land to settle inAbruzzo and furnishing Aquila with its capital name which I suspect is based upon the Imperial legion standard of an Eagle! Are you one of those light skinned blue/green eyed British Abruzzese? Peter
~Peter~
LolliDrama

Post by LolliDrama »

CIAO PETER!

Perhaps that accounts for my less than 1 percent British DNA? I am not at all that sort of Abruzzese. I am the short round faced, almond eyed, dark haired sort. Predominantly from around the areas of Notaresco and Roseta. It seems my entire italian family lived in Italy withing 30 miles of each other for centuries and then went and lived another century together in Philadelphia.

Lori DeLoggio (LoralDojo)
tdr

Post by tdr »

Ciao Lori,

My paternal bisnonni were from Abruzzo. They married in Castelli. My grandfather Antonio came to the states in about 1904 at 17 yrs old and the document has him stating he was headed to Philly to his brother. Here is a link to the marriage cert of my bisnonni Pasquale De Rosa and Mariangela Castelli. Pasquale was a foundling in Teramo. Mariangela's parents were Biagio Castelli and Domenica... either Domenica Di Somone, Domenica Di Simone Cerchiara, or Domenica Cerchiara. I say either because different translators have given me each of those translations. The actual text reads Domenica Di Simone Cerchiara.

Looking forward to finding out if we're related!

Tony

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=2387717
tdr

Post by tdr »

Let me try that link address again...

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=2387717