Looking for birth record for Ignazio Miserendino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for birth record for Ignazio Miserendino

Post by adelfio »

erudita74 wrote:Marty
For your info, there are no ages given for either father in the 1878 marriage publication for Ignazio and Ignazia.

Erudita
My mistake Erudita they would have been Epifanio age 63 and Petra 54 according to birth record ages at the time 1878 marriage

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

No problem, Marty. I certainly have made my fair share of mistakes.
Erudita
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

So that means Epifanio would have been born around 1815 and Petra around 1824?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

jimf81 wrote:So that means Epifanio would have been born around 1815 and Petra around 1824?
Based on their ages in Ignazio's birth record, the answer to your question would be yes, but those are really only estimated years of birth. They may not be 100% accurate but it gives you something to go on for further research.

About that marriage record you found for Rosario. That record is dated Oct 3, 1868. In that record the father named Epifanio was deceased. In your Iganzio's 1878 marriage record, the father Epifanio was alive and living in the town. Also, as Marty pointed out, the mother Petra's surname was different, so I am inclined to agree with Marty that Rosario was not a sibling, unless these are errors in his marriage record.

Erudita
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

Thank you for your help. I think I am just at a stand still there is nothing else I can find online that I think is of anymore help. I found asome more birth records searching to 1889 but no new ones with same parents ignazio and ignazia Greco.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. I'm sure eventually you will have earlier online records which will fill in the blanks. So don't give up.

BTW, here's the death record for the Epifanio whose wife was Petra lo Porto. His father was Rosario, his mother was Antonina Mancuso. He died on June 25, 1866. He was age 50, so he was born about 1816. Has to get your wondering. My best guess is that their fathers were brothers and they were named for a common grandfather.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,244841101

Erudita
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How did you figure they originated from Gangi Palermo?
I think that's another Epifanio Miserendino branch I would try the films for their marriage record
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

I think its that from what I was told. Was there other that came from somewhere else? If so do you know where they came from?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

There is no place of birth given for the Epifanio who died in 1866. I found another one who died in 1871, at age 64, son of dec Pietro and dec Antonina Chiara, husband of Maria Bonfante-but his place of birth is not given in his record either. If you search the name on familysearch.org, you get one born in Alia in Palermo Province in 1830. So it's hard to guess at where your Epifanio originated from.
Erudita
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

I am wondering it that's something I could even find out. I should start working on the Fiacchino side some more problem is they from Montaquila and there are no records online for there. Great grandma is from colliavolturno. nothing for that either. Any ideas?
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

I was send the below from resuttano. Doe this mean you guys just misread Ignazios mothers name? and does that mean The Rosario marriage license I found was his brother? Also years are different in what resuttano sent me as well. Epifanio born 1801 and Petra 1815? or am I misreading it? I used a google translator to decipher it.

Carissimo Jimmy,
stamattina le ho inviato n. 2 certificati di nascita a nome del signor Miserendino Rosario.
Ho effettuato nuove ricerche e ho constatato che il 07/02/1893 è nata Giuseppa Miserendino, deceduta a Resuttano in data 11/05/1894.
Ho effettuato altre ricerche per verificare le date dei genitori di Ignazio Miserendino, era figlio di Epifanio Ignazio e di Lo Porto Petra.
Miserendino Epifanio Ignazio era figlio di Rosario e di Mancuso Antonina, mentre Lo Porto Petra era figlia di Antonino e di Macaluso Carmela.
Si sono sposati a Resuttano il 25/11/1840 ed avevano all'atto del matrimonio Miserendino Epifanio Ignazio 39 anni Lo Porto Petra 30 anni.
Non le posso indicare le date di nascita perchè i nostri registri partono soltanto dall'anno 1820.
Prossimamente farò le ricerche per verificare i fratelli del signor Miserendino Ignazio.
Cordiali saluti.
Antonino Ippolito
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

With your original info for the couple you requested
Ignazio Miserendino Born April 21 1854
Ignazia Greco Born May 26 1856
The parents are Ignazio Miserendino son of Epifanio Miserendino and Petra lo Campo both living
Ignazia Greco daughter of Rosario Greco and Giuseppa Moscarello both living on the marriage publication and the birth records

It says in the 1878 marriage of Ignazio Miserendino and Ignazia Greco that his father Epifanio Miserendino and Petra lo Campo were still alive. I think that if they were deceased it would have been recorded in the marriage allegati.
Who did the research in Italy for you?
Marty

Marty
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

I have been emailing the demografico rep from Resuttano.

Thank you
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think there is another family line with a another Epifanio Miserendino My family line has the same with the name Salvatore

Marty

Marty
jimf81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jimf81 »

Yeah I believe that line is from Gangi I think. Epifanios father was Rosario But I do not know his father yet. I was told I need to contact the local church parish for any other records.