Need help with Paolo Giorgi born in 1864 (63) in Vagli Sotto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with Paolo Giorgi born in 1864 (63) in Vagli Sotto

Post by argentuban »

I have gotten a lot of the information related to my Italian lineage, and we have a number of birth certificates of my great grandfathers siblings, but not of my great grandfather himself.

Coming up zeroes so far with any real information. I have one of his sister's birth certificates, Maria Isola Giorgi born in 1882. Paolo, according to the information I have, was born in 1864 (or 1863). I know he was born to Dominico Giorgi and Jacopina Pellinacci <sp>. Also know of other siblings, Angelo, Antonio, and Giovanini.

Any advice on how to proceed? Resources? Expert groups at this type of research? Worried I am at a dead end.

More info to come.....putting together a family tree.

-repost form probably the wrong board-
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help with Paolo Giorgi born in 1864 (63) in Vagli S

Post by adelfio »

What was the birthdate of Maria Isola Giorgi born in 1882 in Vagli Sotto?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Lorenzo Giovanlino Giorgi
INDEX#69
1876 Aug 10th in the town of Vagli Sotto birth of Lorenzo Giovanlino Giorgi son of Domenico Giorgo age 37(abt 1839) shepherd and Jacopa Pellinacci age 36 (abt 1840) shepherd

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,350145302

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

Wow, thanks for the reply. It looks like this is in fact Giovani (short), one of the brothers!!! I need to get the detail for his older brother Paolo.

I do not have exact birthdates for anyone.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are records online of Vagli Sotto some have indexes some don't they are from 1866-1910 Vagli Sotto Lucca heres the link to the records
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D2043811

I did not see a Maria Giorgio born 1882 with parents of Domenico Giorgo and Jacopa Pellinacci
how are you getting your years of birth?

Marty

Marty
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

Years of birth are from family, but we have the birth certificate of Maria I believe. Checking. We seem to have everyone's birth certificate in the family EXCEPT for Paolo's :(, and that is the one I need.

Update: OK, We have an Ufficio di Stato Civile e D'Anagraffe issued in 1912 fromt he Comune di Pontedera for Maria Isola Francesca Giorgi, daughter if Domenico and Jacopa that states she was born in 1882 4th of May, 1912.

So she was born in Vagli Sotto. We have been told that is where Paolo was born, but maybe he was born in Pontedero in 1863 or 64. I do not know. :( Any references to look things up for Pontedero?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth act of Maria Isola Francesca Giorgi
INDEX#121
1882 May 4th in the town of Pontedera birth of Maria Isola Francesca Giorgi daughter of Domenico Giorgo age 44 shepherd living in Vagli Sotto and Jacopa Pellinacci age 42 shepherd

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,387190201

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres the baptism registry from Pontedera 1861-1865 you have to look page by page they are in order of month and day not name
PG LINK TO RECORDS
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Pisa/Nati/

Marty

Marty
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

Thanks very much! Wish me luck. This will be a chore, but if I find him, well worth it.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

Out of curiosity why are there no documents for Vagli Sotto for those years? The linked page, if you backtrack from Pontedera and look at what is available, has nothing. Is that because there was nothing recorded or because they would have been recorded in a neighboring municipality?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You have to contact the town of Vagli Sotto and ask them for records before 1860

Marty

Marty
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

I have the birth year(s) - 1863 or 1864, the parents names (Domenico Giorgi and Jacopa Pellinacci), and the records of several of the siblings. Is there a service or group I can contact in Italy/Vagli Sotto that can use that and help me find Paolo's record?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Lets try both the Archivio di stato di Lucca and the town of Vagli Sotto for Paolo birth record
Try the emails first if no response in 30 days send a letter request (Send no money)
Archivio di Stato di Lucca
Piazza Guidiccioni 8
55100 Lucca (LU)
Italy
E-mail: as-lu@beniculturali.it

Comune di Vagli di Sotto
Via Vandelli, 10
55030 Vagli Sotto(LU)
Italy
E-mail: sindaco@comune.vagli-sotto.lu.it

LETTER OR EMAIL

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Paolo Giorgi di Domenico

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Vagli Sotto. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome:Paolo Giorgi
Nome e cognome del padre:Domenico Giorgi
Nome e cognome della madre:Jacopa Pellinacci
Luogo di nascita: Vagli Sotto
Data di nascita: 1862-1865
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty