ANTONINA ROSSI od Ontario

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
trevisan2
Master
Master

ANTONINA ROSSI od Ontario

Post by trevisan2 »

I have a friend that is wanting to know more about her great grandparents, on the Rossi side

Here is what we know
Francesco Yachetti
died 1954
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

married to
Antonina Rossi
Died 1970
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

My friend would like to know where Antonina Rossi came from in Italy and who her parents are.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: ANTONINA ROSSI od Ontario

Post by Anizio »

Well first thing I can tell you is its Iachetti, not Yachetti.

Does your friend know where in Italy they came from?
I suspect Umbria.
Or when about they came to Canada?
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think you friend should contact user Helen Russell on ancestry.com she has a tree with info says Francesco Iachetti son of Egidio and Pasqua Figli was from Force province of Ascoli Piceno and Antonina Rossi was from San Vittoria Le Marche, Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

The family records say something about that Francesco Yachetti was born in 1874
Antonio was born in 1874 in Asqua Piceno Force Italy

and
Antoninina Rossi was born in 1884 in San Vittoria Le Marche, Italy

but this needs to be verfied and written out correctly

Francesco had a son in Canada

Gene Yachetti
Birth 31 July 1913 in Wentworth, Ontario, Canada
Death May 14, 2007 in Hamilton ON
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Yes you will need to confirm and those records are easily obtainable by writing the Stato Civile office of the Comune (town) in Italian and request integral copies (photocopies of the original acts).

BUT Italians are terribly prejudiced - make sure you spell right and get someone to help you with your Italian or they will ignore you. I'm sure you can easily find form letters to use. Email will also likely work.

Ascoli Piceno, not Asqua Piceno.
Antonina Rossi, not Antoninina Rossi
Iachetti, not Yachetti (Italians are not impressed by attempts to Anglicize their names)
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Russellht

Re: ANTONINA ROSSI and FRANCESCO IACHETTI of Hamilton, Ontar

Post by Russellht »

Thank you to S Biasi for initiating this inquiry for me. Iam researching my Mother's family and all members of the generations to me are gone.

This is what I have: Antonina Rossi, born 1884 in San Vittoria, Le Marche, married Francesco Iachetti, born 1874 in Ascoli Pice no, Force. Antonina's sister, Loreta, born 1881, married Francesco's brother Guiseppi, born 1879.

Frank and Antonina had a son in Italy, Umberto, born in 1908 and died 18 months later. They had a daughter, Pasqualine born 1910 and emigrated to Canada 6 months later. They arrived first at Ellis Island. While in Canada, they had a number if children: Americo, Gene, Louis, Giovanni - died at birth, Giacomo (Jimmy), Anna, and Elena (Helen - my mother). Loreta and Guiseppi had: Tomasso, Giovanni, and Francesco. All the offspring of both plus the following generation are listed on ancestry under Galan Family by Helen Russell - me. This is currently public as I research and will go private shortly.

Finding information is not easy as many records, even in Canada are still sealed. I have numerous emails out to ancestry contacts and churches and cemeteries here in Canada. I have found a great source in Terry Capelli's works ancestry.

We have Francesco's parents listed as Pasqua Figli and Edigio Iachetti. Through some notes found from my mother, Antonina's mother's maiden name was Funari. Upon arrival at Ellis Island, or possibly upon departure from an Anglo port around 1910-1911, immigration wrote the Iachetti name as Yachetti, hence the name change in the 'New World'.

I appreciate any and all information received and shared and the referral as to where to write.

Thank you kindly,
Helen Terry Galan Russell
Thank you kindly,
Helen Terry Russell
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Helen feel free to ask all the questions on this Forum site, there are many experts here, that are willing to help you. Just be specific in what your looking for and you will receive the help you need.
Regards,
Trevisan2

Russellht

Post by Russellht »

Anizio wrote:Yes you will need to confirm and those records are easily obtainable by writing the Stato Civile office of the Comune (town) in Italian and request integral copies (photocopies of the original acts).

BUT Italians are terribly prejudiced - make sure you spell right and get someone to help you with your Italian or they will ignore you. I'm sure you can easily find form letters to use. Email will also likely work.

Ascoli Piceno, not Asqua Piceno.
Antonina Rossi, not Antoninina Rossi
Iachetti, not Yachetti (Italians are not impressed by attempts to Anglicize their names)

Would you be able to provide me the contact information for the Stato Civile office of the Comune for Ascoli Piceno and San Vittoria, le Marche?
Thank you kindly,
Helen.
Thank you kindly,
Helen Terry Russell
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Comune di Ascoli Piceno
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Giusti, 5
63100 Ascoli Piceno
Italy

serv.demografici@comune.ascolipiceno.it

I believe that when you say San Vittoria le Marche you mean Santa Vittoria in Matenano...

Comune di Santa Vittoria in Matenano
Ufficio di Sato Civile
Corso Matteotti 13
63854 Santa Vittoria in Matenano FM
Italy
Russellht

Post by Russellht »

Thank you Livio.
Thank you kindly,
Helen Terry Russell