re:atto di morte in messina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:atto di morte in messina

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm trying to find the death record of francesco landino.most likely he died in the province of messina after 1880.he was born in palermo in 1851.in 1872 he was residing in barcellona pozzo di gotto as the common law husband of maria bonarrigo.she was born in soccorso,a frazione of gualtieri sicamino,in 1847.this couple had 3 children,all born in barcellona pozzo di gotto-salvatore in 1872,rosalia in 1877,and mattia in 1880.after 1880 he seems to disappear.my paternal grandmother,maria costante,was born in barcellona pg in 1883,ignoti genitori.her wetnurse was maria bonarrigo,who became her surrogate mother,making francesco landino her surrogate father.maria bonarrigo arrived in boston ma.in 1902 accompanied by my grandmother,in order to reside with her oldest child salvatore.maria died 10 days later in boston.according to her death record,information probably provided by her son salvatore or by my grandmother,she was survived by her husband francesco.but francesco did not accompany them to boston,and after thoroughly researching passenger records,he doesnt seem to have ever immigrated to america.its possible he returned to palermo and died there.but most likely he died in messina province,probably in or near barcellona pg.as i mentioned,his whereabouts after 1880 are unknown,although its noted he survived his wife,who died in 1902.i have his 1851 birth record but theres no notation on it regarding when or where he died.as francesco and maria never married(this is noted in the 1877 birth of daughter rosalia),there are no other documents i know of that might note his comune and date of death.he never served in the military.unfortunately theres no provincial database for messina covering the possible years of his death-1880-1950 if he lived to 100,or the exact comune of his death.are there any other options available which could narrow down the search or reveal his date and place of death?any help would be most appreciated.