Filing a FamilySearch.org record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Filing a FamilySearch.org record

Post by rp76226 »

When I use the search function on FamilySearch,org and find a record that I want to save to a folder in jpeg (photo) format, the only way that I can do it is to print it first, than scan it into my computer as a photo. Yet when I go to their digitalized Italian records, I can download them and file it without printing the record. I also tried copy and paste, but it doesn't let you paste. Am I missing something or is printing the record first, then scanning the only way?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Filing a FamilySearch.org record

Post by Tessa78 »

I believe there is an option to "download the document" right under the "view document" which appears to the right on the page.

T.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

What exactly are you trying to save? Is it an image of a record? Or just the list of information in the record (for "indexed" records)?
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Tessa and Carubia, that download option is only there when you are in the digital records that are copies of actual Italian civil records. When you do a search of a name on familysearch.org, you get an "information" type sheet that is not a civil record and it has no download option. It may give you a film number. The options are as follow:

COPY PRINT SOURCE BOX SHARE

However, the copy function does not "paste" when I try to add it to a folder. Sometimes you get lucky and there is an image available and you can click on the link and then download that image of a record. Often, no image is available and then it seems your only option is to first print, then scan.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

rp76226 wrote:Tessa and Carubia, that download option is only there when you are in the digital records that are copies of actual Italian civil records. When you do a search of a name on familysearch.org, you get an "information" type sheet that is not a civil record and it has no download option. It may give you a film number. The options are as follow:

COPY PRINT SOURCE BOX SHARE

However, the copy function does not "paste" when I try to add it to a folder. Sometimes you get lucky and there is an image available and you can click on the link and then download that image of a record. Often, no image is available and then it seems your only option is to first print, then scan
It does work, but you can't paste straight to a folder, you have to paste it to a document within the folder, or to a document on your desktop e.g. word document you've created. Like you say, you can however paste images straight to a folder, or straight to your desktop.
Angela
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Has anyone else had a problem downloading images of files on FamilySearch recently? For the past couple of days I can't download anything. When I press the download button I am brought to another page saying "page not found." This is for the actual image files, not the indexed records that rp76226 was discussing.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

carubia wrote:Has anyone else had a problem downloading images of files on FamilySearch recently? For the past couple of days I can't download anything. When I press the download button I am brought to another page saying "page not found." This is for the actual image files, not the indexed records that rp76226 was discussing.
Yes, I am having the same issue.
Angela
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

The problem I was having with familysearch has finally been resolved.