Guiseppe Gattuccio and Salvatora Vallelunga, Trabia, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Guiseppe Gattuccio and Salvatora Vallelunga, Trabia, Sicily

Post by Marlena »

Here is the link for the marriage of Giuseppe and Salvatora. The last paragraph on image 2679 I do not understand and the next page as well. Can you tell me if the people are Guiseppe's grandparents or? Thank you.
Marlene

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246018001
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Guiseppe Gattuccio and Salvatora Vallelunga, Trabia, Sic

Post by Tessa78 »

len52mar wrote:Here is the link for the marriage of Giuseppe and Salvatora. The last paragraph on image 2679 I do not understand and the next page as well. Can you tell me if the people are Guiseppe's grandparents or? Thank you.
Marlene

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246018001
The last paragraph on image 2679 of the birth act of Salvatora Di Matteo identifies the witnesses to the recording of the act at the town office. These witnesses were often people who happen to be at the town office at that moment and were not related to the family.

However, the grandfathers are identified in the act... Bartolomeo Di Matteo is identified as the son of Ignazio , and Salvatora Vallelunga (the mother) is identifies as the daughter of Giuseppe :-)

On the next page, the official continues to identify the second witness, then states that a copy was entered into the register and that only he (the official) signed as the others were illiterate.

T.