locating atto di morte in messina/palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

locating atto di morte in messina/palermo

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

trying to find a death act for my ancestor who died in either messina or palermo province.francesco landino was born in palermo(city)in 1851.in 1872 he was living in barcellona messina common law with maria bonarrigo(this is stated at birth of daughter rosalia),born in gualtieri sicamino in 1847.they had at least 3 natural children all born in barcellona,salvatore in 1872,rosalia in 1877,and mattia in 1880.maria was my paternal grandmothers wetnurse,caregiver,and virtual mother,as they came together to boston in 1902 to reside with son salvatore.maria died one week later leaving my grandmother.on her death record its stated she was survived by husband francesco landino.but he did not arrive here either before or after his common law wife,and theres no evidence i can find after searching passenger records that he ever emigrated to the u.s.i checked death records in both palermo and barcellona as well as several other comunes in both the palermo and barcellona areas after 1902 but find nothing.as there was no marriage record,all i have to go on is francesco's 1851 birth record which has no notations as to when/where francesco could have died.no military record either as he was born before 1855,when military service became compulsory.any suggestions as to further research options would be most appreciated.