Seeking Alfonso Bergamo family commune

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jbergamo

Re: Seeking Alfonso Bergamo family commune

Post by jbergamo »

I'm not sure if sisters, Josephine birth abt 1886 from other records, If 19 when arriving in 1899, she would have been born in 1880

Regards,
Jackie Bergamo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I am pretty sure that they was sisters... Gaetano Bergamo, the Elmelinda's brother, it was born on 1881... maybe it was also some other sibling... who know..
by this little search I understood that Fiorentina VECE married at ....(? first name) BERGAMO; 3 knew children: Giuseppa daughter, Gaetano son, Elmelinda daughter.
A uncle of Elmelinda was Francesco( Frank) BERGAMO.
I don't know if Giuseppa Bergamo and Alfonso BERGAMO was niece and uncle... or just first cousins, this second option seeming more probable to me......
However it was all members of same family coming from Olivetro Citra and also Elmelinda married at a man coming from same birth place... I believe..

The italian spelling of her first name is Ermelinda and so it is wrote on the ship's manifest- first arrival...
she became Elmelinda, and then Emma in USA.....
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jbergamo

Post by jbergamo »

You have been wonderful.
Can you tell If Alfonso and Francesco are brothers? Is there any mention of Alfonso or his family anywhere in Olivertro Citra?
Thank you!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, I don't know if Francesco and Alfonso was brothers or just cousins.. in southern Italy, almost in past time, we call uncle also the cousins of our parents... so I don't know if the relationship between Alfonso and Josephine was :
-groom: uncle and
-bride: niece (daughter of groom brother)

or with "uncle" word, they wanted say just a first cousin of Josephine's father...
same thought abt Frank Bergamo... we know the Frank Bergamo parents: Vincenzo Bergamo and Rosa Cappetta..
by the find of Alfonso Bergamo Birth act we can know if the parent's names are the same.... and if Frank and Alfonso was brothers.....
but the civil records of Oliveto Citra don't are microfilmed by familysearch.org... so we cannot search...
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jbergamo

Post by jbergamo »

Can we write a letter to civil records of Olivetro Citra asking for birth act of Alfonso Bergamo and his family genealogy. Do you know how we go about doing this letter.

Thank you so much for all your help

Regards
Jackie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you can request the Birth certificate of Alfonso Bergamo, providing the basic data and for dual citizenship request use; the clerk don't relay Birth certificates for the genealogy reason.. and abt his family genealogy.. you can request the Historical family status certificate .. starting from a date( you must provide it) but with large cost ... I believe that as first step is better to ask at this Oliveto Citra genealogy website owner http://calzareth.com/oliveto/
maybe he have the infos that you are searching for... regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jbergamo

Post by jbergamo »

Thank you. I will try to see if they can help. I will let you know if something turns up.

Regards
Jackie
jbergamo

Post by jbergamo »

Suanj,
I was able to find 4th generation family of Alfonso Bergamo in Oliveto Citra. Frank from Chicago is his cousin. Also great grandfather Pasquale (we thought name was also Alfonso originally)lived in Chicago for a short time after arriving in April 1897, he died in Sept 1897. I have his death record, but must get translated to find out how he died. Also you gave me the website Calazareth. It proved to be fantastic for me. Thru the grandparents Dell"Orto was able to find up to the 8th generation of ancestors.

Vece very limited, only found mother and father Fillipo and Angela, as they were originally from Acerno, Italy. So still searching for Vece family.
Again, thank you for your early help in locating family.
Regards,
Jackie