Searching for Biagio Mariorenzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Biagio Mariorenzi

Post by Tessa78 »

Thanks, Biff! :-)

There is also a possibility of his name being written as Biagio Renzi, don't you think?
Since the surname sounds like a given and last name together, perhaps someone thought he was giving his first, middle and last name, so they left out the "middle name"?

I say this because I have been searching extensively (as I am sure you are) for that elusive arrival manifest for Biagio. I located a Canadian Manifest from April 1901 (works with the children's births), and lists Biagio Renzi, age 33 (birth about 1868 putting him in the same "era" as Silvestro)
Unfortunately, the manifest has very little information beyond his name, age, occupation (laborer) and country of origin (Italy).
Perhaps we should look more for Renzi?

Here is the link
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2QSR-XSG

Of course, I have also seen misspellings such as Morenzi, Marenzi, Merenzi, Maiorenzi, etc. :shock:

T.
James Graham
Veteran
Veteran

Post by James Graham »

Mariorenzi has been mistaken a lot in our family for Renzi. Most think I am saying Mario Renzi.
You mention Maiorenzi. This is listed on my grandfather's petition for naturalization (NARA documents).
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

James Graham wrote:Mariorenzi has been mistaken a lot in our family for Renzi. Most think I am saying Mario Renzi.
You mention Maiorenzi. This is listed on my grandfather's petition for naturalization (NARA documents).
This is the spelling that appears on his arrival manifest, and MAY be how it was spelled on his passport from Italy.

T.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Nothing new just some information based on some information previously posted and something I located while searching.

One of the witnesses on Tommaso's naturalization record posted previously was Vincenzo Moretti, same surname as Scholastica, the wife of the Giovanni Mariorenzi who resided in Shenandoah PA. Also family search has a non image record from Italy in the early 1800's which show a Biagio Mariorenzi with wife Giuseppa Moretti.

So far, T.'s Canadian manifest is the best possible for Biagio.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
James Graham
Veteran
Veteran

Post by James Graham »

I believe that I may have found Biagio's arrival manifest.
I can't make out the part of where is going.
Can anyone take a stab at this?
He is listed on line one.

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7
BrunettiMR

Post by BrunettiMR »

Sad that Biagio's son, Tommaso, passed away in 1961 in Johnston Rhode Island. He drowned at the age of five. https://law.justia.com/cases/rhode-isla ... d-127.html