Rosa Cicirello born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in mid 1800s

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Beatles78

Rosa Cicirello born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in mid 1800s

Post by Beatles78 »

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone has a baptismal record for Rosa Cicirello, born around 1856/1857 in Corleone, Italy -- perhaps her father's name was Cristoforo Cicirello and mother Gaetana? I do know that she immigrated to the United States on 14 Feb 1904 from Palermo onboard a ship called Manila. Not sure on the parents names or Rosa's exact birthdate. Do any of her have this information and her parents names and birthdates?

Thanks so much!
Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Rosa Cicirello born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in mid 18

Post by adelfio »

Baptism of Rosa Cicirello
1856 Jan 25th in the town of Corleone church of San Martino baptism of Rosa Cicirello daughter of Cristoforo Cicirello and Gaetana Vinci

PG LINK TO RECORD TOP LEFT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351495001

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Beatles78

Post by Beatles78 »

Oh boy, this is terrific! Thanks very much for that.

Do you happen to see a birth date for Rosa?

And are you able to go back any further on Cristoforo, perhaps a birthdate for him and his parents names?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Cristoforo Cicirello and Gaetana Vinci
1837 Nov 4th in the town of Corleone church of San Martino appeared Cristoforo Cicirello son of deceased Bernardo Cicirello and Rosa Cuccia married to Gaetana Vinci daughter of deceased Pasquale Vinci and Petra Ducibella???

PG LINK TO RECORD FOUR DOWN ON THE RIGHT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351561801

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Beatles78

Post by Beatles78 »

Incredible!! Dare I ask if you see generations before as well??

I thank you very much! I'm not even sure how you find these records when i try to go back within the document and i get to the baptism year range but don't know how to search for a name!

Thanks again!
Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Baptism of Cristoforo Cicirello
1811 Jan 2nd in the town of Corleone church of San Martino baptism of Cristoforo Cicirello son of Bernardo Cicirello and Rosa Cuccia
PG LINK TO RECORD RIGHT SIDE 7 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351539001

Marty

Marty
Beatles78

Re: Rosa Cicirello born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in mid 1800s

Post by Beatles78 »

This is fantastic. Now, I don't see any records coming up for Bernardo or Rosa when searching on FamilySearch.org...all those birth records don't fit birth-wise. Do you find anything additional?

For Gaetena Vinci....do you find anything on any siblings or anything? I see possible parents of Pasquale Vinci and Petra Ducibella. Based on your info, i see she was married in 1837 and had my ancestor Rosa in 1856. Wow. that is almost 20 years different! Possibly she was born around 1820 or so?

I have a DNA match who says she is a Vinci Descendant as well from Corleone and we are trying to find the connection. Do you find any records to support this?:

We share the surname VINCI from Corleone. I have a Maria Concetta Vinci married to Liborio D'Anna who had a child Lucia D'Anna in 1844. Maria Vinci is my 3Xggrandmother.

Thank you so much in advance!
Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Baptism of Gaetana Vinci
1820 June 28th in the town of Corleone church of San Martino baptism of Gaetana Vinci daughter of Pasquale Vinci and Petra Ducibella

PG LINK 4TH DOWN ON THE LEFT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351544201

Marty

Marty
Beatles78

Post by Beatles78 »

Awesome - thank you! So it seems like there are pretty deep roots in Corleone for my family. Are you able to go back any further on baptisms for Bernard Cicirello, his wife Rosa Cuccia, Pasquale Vinci and his wife Petra Ducibella so i can go back further for all their parents?

Thank you very much again. :)

Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Pasquale Vinci and Petra Ducibella
1819 June 6th in the town of Corleone church of San Martino appeared Pasquale Vinci son of Baldasere Vinci and deceased Gaetana Baglio married to Petra Ducibella daughter of Saverio Ducibella and Maria Trapani

PG LINK TOP RIGHT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351561001

Marty

Marty
Beatles78

Post by Beatles78 »

OMG I'm in awe of you!!! How are you finding these records so easily? Where can I be looking to find these? You're amazing! :)

I just want you to keep going! :)

Thanks so much!
Stephanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Italy, Palermo, Diocesi d...Church Records, 1531-1998 Corleone church of San Martino
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D2046915

The indexes are in front of the years you are searching if there is more than 400 pages there might be a index in the middle

The indexes for the church records in Italy of baptism and marriage and death are arranged by first name first (later years last name first) by the year and date of the act and page number. Just find your person in the index and go back to through the records to find the act on the page listed in the index. Year is listed at the top of page the latin word eodem means same month so if you see that word above the record just go to the previous record for a date

Marty

Marty