I am looking for LARIZZA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sarahlarizza4

I am looking for LARIZZA

Post by sarahlarizza4 »

My great great grandfather is Rocco Larizza born between 1860's to 1880's
had 5 children Giuseppina, Cosimo, Francesco, Vincenzo, Domenico, Antonia
my great grandfather Domenico Larizza born 1903 death 1964 or 1965 married Francesca
Domenico had 9 children 2 who moved to live in Adelaide Australia Rocco and Antonino. Antonino is my nonno born 1930's married concetta barone 1 of Domenico's son brother to antonino married the sister of Concetta barone

Rocco Larizza 3 sons went to WW1 want to find info on that too.

Rocco moved to America with his family his wife passed so he moved back to italy and got remarried had one daughter Antonia with his new wife.

I think one or two of his children stayed in America.
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I am looking for LARIZZA

Post by Robin B Mc »

Do you know where in Italy they were from? And where did they settle in the US?
sarahlarizza4

Post by sarahlarizza4 »

They were from Sant'Eufemia calabria and settle in Sinopoli calabria. Rocco Larizza went to the USA his first wife passed so he moved back to Calabria but apparently one or two of his children stayed in USA . He had a son that went to war and the family thought he had passed so they had a service for him when he returned back to his home town after so long someone saw him and told him your family thought you were dead etc etc so he turned and walked away never to be seen again.
Our Family is in Adelaide South Australia
There is a Larizza family in Melbourne Victoria Australia who we believe could be relatives as they say the same story my father inlaw tells about family history but we cant pin point where...
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

This MIGHT be your GGGF travel:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XPS6-B6T

and here

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7

is Ellis Island Manifest for the travel of one Cosmo Larizza from Sant'Eufemia, 16 yo in 1910, going to join brother Francesco. Unfortunately, I have some trouble with the site, so I can't see its first page.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In WWI database Army's victims are 2 Larizza both sons of Rocco, maybe your Rocco that you are searching for???

-Cosimo Larizza son of Rocco, born in Sant'Eufemia d'Aspromonte on 27 Mar 1894, deceased on 25 Jun 1919 in Brescia, for disease;

-Francesco Larizza son of Rocco, born in Sant'Eufemia d'Aspromonte on 2 May 1885, deceased on 3 Dec 1917 on Monte Fior ( Flower Mountain) for combat wounds
http://www.difesa.it/_layouts/15/MdDEvo ... /3/322.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
sarahlarizza4

Post by sarahlarizza4 »

Thank you very much for your replies.

Is there any information I can get on his family who did he travel with on the ship who his wife was etc etc..

I dont know where else to look and get stuck very easily.

Is there anywhere I can look for marriage certificate or death certificate etc..
sarahlarizza4

Re: I am looking for LARIZZA and CREA

Post by sarahlarizza4 »

Rocco Larizza married Caterina Crea who was his first wife with whom he had, Francesco, Cosimo, Vincenzo, Guiseppina and Domenico (born 7th February 1903) and he then re married after his first wife passed and had a girl Antonia with second wife.
mebrewer

Post by mebrewer »

I am looking for information on Damiano LaRizza he married Maria Francesco Figliuzzi. I need family information on their descendants family members and any dates you might have and their children and their parents.

Does anyone know if the name was changed to LaRitz over time?

I am trying to put my paternal side of my family together in my family tree and I am not sure about some of the information. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mary Brewer