Help locating death record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Help locating death record

Post by Anizio »

Hello,

another person who asked for help locating a death record in the province of L'Aquila has inspired me to seek help with a slightly similar problem my own tree has had for the past few years.

I cannot seem to locate the death of Gabriele Sabetti.

He is from Tagliacozzo, and various estimations of his birth from the births, marriages, and deaths of his children in both Tagliacozzo and Ortona dei Marsi put him at bring born between 1773-1779. The older records put him closer to 1773.

The last record I can find of him alive is in 1855 in the record of his daughter, Gaetana's death. His wife, Flavia Tabacco, died in 1853. And two of his sons, Giacinto and Filippo-Giacomo died in 1850. All in Tagliacozzo.

I have searched the records in Tagliacozzo and Ortona dei Marsi for deaths in 1855-1865 online, with no results. The issue is, if he lived past 1865 he would be anywhere from 86-92 or older when he died.

I also can't get the comune to respond when I ask for his death record. They first referred me to the State Archives of Naples, which is wrong, and ever since they have simply ignored the couple of time I have tried since.

But something tells me the family may also have spent time in another town. The record for the marriage of his daughter Giulia was in Ortona dei Marsi, and the record for his son Simone (to Maria Guidarelli, both from Tagliacozzo) is also missing.

Am I simply missing the death record, and it is in Tagliacozzo? Or can someone locate it in another place? Also the marriage of his son Simone would be nice. If anyone can help I appreciate it, for me it has turned into a frustrating road block.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help locating death record

Post by adelfio »

I believe that Gabriele Sabetti died after 1865 doing a quick look through the death indexes of Tagliacozzo
Simone wife Maria Guidarelli was born in Tagliacozzo 1828 May 10 baptized in San Cosmo church so the wedding should have been there Have you found any of Simone brothers or sisters marriage acts?
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

Yes I have marriage acts for almost all siblings:

Filippo Giacomo, married Marianna Rosa, 1838.
No record of a marriage or children for Giacinto.
Giulia, married Camillo Patroni in Ortona dei Marsi 1840.
Gaetana, never married and had 1 daughter of an unknown father.
Domenica, married Alessandro Guidarelli (brother of Maria Guidarelli) 1851
Antonio Sabetti, married Rachele di Pietro 1854.

But no record anywhere of Simone and Maria Guidarelli's marriage, though both are born and lived in Tagliacozzo. Their children (that I know of) were born between 1854 and 1871. All are called "legitimate" yet I find no record of their marriages.

My Sabetti ancestors present me with many frustrations :P
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

So my problem has deepened. According to the town of Tagliacozzo, they cannot find Gabriele Sabetti's death after 1866 :(