Fortunato Santoro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Fortunato Santoro

Post by Jean Galata »

Can anyone direct me to where to look for a birth or marriage document for Fortunato Santoro?
I find that he and his wife, Domenica Zappone had children, but I can't find a marriage record or either of their birth records. I have tried LDS and only get marriage and birth documents for their children. I found that Fortunato died in 1807, the extract of his death was included in the marriage records of one of his children. I believe he was born in L'Aquila (Collepietro or nearby), but can't find records. Is Fortunato a name used in place of another first name? He should have been born about 1740?
Jean Galata
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Fortunato Santoro

Post by adelfio »

His death extract should have is birth town on it can you post it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Fortunato Santoro

Post by Italysearcher »

If he died in 1807 then you will be looking for parish records for the marriage and baptism records for Fortunato. Thee are not (and probably never will be) on line.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.