Looking for any info on Giovanni Battista Marchini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jimgee53

Looking for any info on Giovanni Battista Marchini

Post by jimgee53 »

I'm researching my matrilineal line and am trying to find any info (birth/death/marriage dates in particular) of my great great great grandfather Giovanni Battista Marchini from the Massa Carrara region. Thanks for any help!!!! Great site.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for any info on Giovanni Battista Marchini

Post by Tessa78 »

jimgee53 wrote:I'm researching my matrilineal line and am trying to find any info (birth/death/marriage dates in particular) of my great great great grandfather Giovanni Battista Marchini from the Massa Carrara region. Thanks for any help!!!! Great site.
Can you give us approximate years of birth, death or marriage?
Can you provide the names of children/grandchildren/spouse, etc.?
It is helpful to be able to trace backward from family in more current records.

Massa Carrara is a Province... it will be necessary to identify the comune(town) where he was born. There is a town of Massa and a town of Carrara :-) among many others...

T.
jimgee53

Post by jimgee53 »

Giovanni Battista had a son Francisco Marchini born in Marciasco,Tuscany who married Angela nee Ridonelli.

Their son Carlo Andrea Marchini was born in 1844 in Fosdinovo, Tuscany and married Maddalena nee Martelli who was born in 1845.

Their daughter Luchrezia Anna Maria, my grandmother, was born in 1883 and married my grandfather Giuseppi Cargioli born 1879, and both emigrated from Tuscany to Erie, PA around 1909.
jimgee53

Post by jimgee53 »

jimgee53 wrote:Giovanni Battista had a son Francisco Marchini born in Marciaso,Tuscany who married Angela nee Ridonelli.

Their son Carlo Andrea Marchini was born in 1844 in Fosdinovo, Tuscany and married Maddalena nee Martelli who was born in 1845.

Their daughter Luchrezia Anna Maria, my grandmother, was born in 1883 and married my grandfather Giuseppi Cargioli born 1879, and both emigrated from Tuscany to Erie, PA around 1909.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thank you for the additional information :-)

It appears you have several generations of information about your family. From what you have written, I would guess that Giovanni Battista Marchini was born about 1790s. You will need to have a search of the Church records for births/baptisms of that time as civil registrations did not begin (and only in limited areas) until 1809.

But for now...
In case you do not have this... here is the birth record for your grandmother, Lucrezia Anna Maria Marchini in 1883

Dated 10 August 1883 at 9:15 AM at the town office in Fosdinovo.
Before te official appeared Andrea Marchini [son] of deceased Francesco, 40, peasant farmer residing in Marciaso, to declare that 2 AM on the 9th of the current month, at the house at Pesciola; to Maddalena Martelli, his wife, peasant farmer residing with him, was born a female child who was not presented to the official and to whom was given the name Lucrezia Anna Maria.
Wtinesses to the record... Francesco Piccioli, 41, landowner; and Michele Paoli, 36, attendant, both residents of the town.
The declarant asked that they dispense with the presentation of the child as the birth occurred at a long distance from town.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349359701

I found no birth for Giuseppe Cargiolli in 1879 in Fosdinovo, but I did find this birth for Giuseppe Ettore Cargiolli in 1880.
Born 29 April, recorded on 1 May.
Father: Francesco Cargiolli, 36, peasant farmer residing in Panzanello.
Mother: Paola Baldacchini(sp?), his wife, farmer residing with him.
Same witnesses to the record as Lucrezia Marchini's birth record.
Child was not presented due to the distance.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349359701

T.
jimgee53

Post by jimgee53 »

Thanks!!!!!