Ancestry of St. Bartolo Longo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lljg
Rookie
Rookie

Ancestry of St. Bartolo Longo

Post by lljg »

Hi -- It's been some time since I've been here, but I'm SO glad I'm back. I really missed being here with all of you hardworking, wonderful, compassionate and caring Italians!! :D

Now onto my question, does anyone know if there is ancestry for St. Bartolo Longo? My Great Uncle is Cono (Ralph) Longo and I'm curious if St. Longo is a relative. Thank you if you can point me in any right direction! I didn't find much in my search beyond his birthdate, birth location and parents names.
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ancestry of St. Bartolo Longo

Post by adelfio »

Is this the St. Bartolo Longo your talking about? Was Cono (Ralph) Longo born in Latiano a comune in the province of Brindisi in Apulia

PG LINK TO INFO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolo_Longo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
lljg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lljg »

Yes Marty, this is the St. Bartolo Longo I am speaking about. Unfortunately, the only information I have on my Great Uncle is this --
Birth 14 Sep 1898 in Italy
Death Jul 1974 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I also believe that he lived in Santa Maria Capua Vetere at some time since he married my Great Aunt there.

I have no other details on his birth or life.
Jean

Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Was your aunts name Suzie if so Raffaele Longo born 14 Sep 1898 was from Belloguarda Salerno

Pennsylvania, U.S. Naturalization Originals, 1795-1930 for Raffaele Longo
PG LINK
http://interactive.ancestry.com/2717/31 ... turnRecord

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
lljg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lljg »

Yes Marty! Thank you and GOD BLESS YOU! How did you find this document? I'm on Ancestry and I haven't found hardly anything. :(

Thank you again!!
Jean
Jean