Navarro family Trabia Palermo Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gnavidi

Navarro family Trabia Palermo Sicily

Post by gnavidi »

I am looking for information on my great great great grandmother and her family. Madeline Bruscemi (Maddalena) was born on May 13, 1878 in Lascari, Sicily. Her father was Francesco Bruscemi and her mother was Teresa Di Leonardo Bruscemi. Can anyone help me find any records for the Bruscemi and Di Leonardo families. I am really looking for information on Maddalena Navarro. Word in the family is that the navarro family was originally from Spain.

More information:
Maddalena Navarro married Cologero Di Leonardo. Cologero was born in Lascari and died in Trabia. I believe that Maddalena was from the Navarro family in Trabia, but haven't been able to find her records. Cologero was born in 1826ish.
Francesco Bruscemi married Teresa Di Leonardo. They had 5 children:
• Gaetano Bruscemi who married Giuseppina Seria
• Maria Bruscemi who married Pietro Corsello
• Maddalena Bruscemi who married Francesco Roviglia (Rovilea) (my great grandfather)
o Maddalena Bruscemi Roviglia
• Lived in Campofelice in the Province of Palermo after marriage
• received a passport in Cefalu on Dec. 30, 1904
• Arrived in New York on Jan 20, 1905 on the ship Konig Albert with first born daughter Luisa Roviglia (b. July 18, 1903)
• Salvatore Bruscemi who married Rosa Cesare
• Francesco Bruscemi who married Guiseppina Verca[/list]
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Navarro family Trabia Palermo Sicily

Post by liviomoreno »

Please avoid posting the same request in different sections of the forum.
There are several on-line birth, marriage and death records for Lascari, here is the link to Maddalena Bruscemi birth: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246010301 At the time of the birth Teresa Di Leonardo was 28 years old and she was the daughter of Calogero Di Leonardo and Maddalena Navarro.

Records for Trabia are here: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D1947613
gnavidi

Post by gnavidi »

Thank you. I have already found this information. I am really looking for any record of Maddalena Navarro. The only information I have is that her husband Cologero Di Leonardo was born in Lascari and died in Traba. He was born in 1820 and died in 1878. On one of the documents which I believe is for their daughter Teresa's marriage it lists the residence as Madesimo. Does this make sense? I have searched all of the online and microfiched records from LDS and have not been able to find anything on Maddalena Navarro
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You say Cologero Di Leonardo died in Trabia in 1878 I could not find that death record
1878 DEATH INDEX OF TRABIA
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246720201

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Maybe what you read as "Madesimo" was in reality "medesimo" = "the same (place)"
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Can you post the link or copy to Francesco Bruscemi and Teresa Di Leonardo marriage so we can see it?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Filmways
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filmways »

You say:I am really looking for information on Maddalena Navarro. Word in the family is that the navarro family was originally from Spain.

Urracca di Navarre married Ramiro King of Spain in 932. SInce than the family produced many Kings and Queens and not just in Spain. They were also in France and Southern Italy.
In Italy between others, as recent as 300 years ago, some of the family were Viscounts of Torricella, Bishops in Sicily.
Sharing the same name does not mean much, there were many "Identity thieves those days, for the same reasons as today. You need DNA test to prove a connection.
gnavidi

Post by gnavidi »

Hi Marty, as it turns out I had to birth location and the death location switched. Cologero was born in Trabia and died in Lascari in October 1878. See attached record. I will provide others in the next messsage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gnavidi

Post by gnavidi »

PippoM,

Maybe what you read as "Madesimo" was in reality "medesimo" = "the same (place)"

This makes a lot more sense. Thank you for pointing this out!
gnavidi

Post by gnavidi »

Attached is the marriage record for Teresa Di Leonardo (daughter of Cologero di Leonardo and Maddalena Navarro) and Francesco Bruscemi .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I believe Calogero Di Leonardo was the son of Ignazio Di Leonardo and Maria La Russo found a Rosalia Di Leonardo age 80 died in Trabia 1895 would put her birth 1815 could be a sibling of Calogero
DEATH RECORD INDEX#8
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246720201

Marty

Marty
gnavidi

Post by gnavidi »

This is a wonderful find. Thank you so much. Any luck on Maddalena navarro?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I would try the online records of Lascari for the death record of Maddalena Navarro after 1878 she was still alive at the time of Calogero's death. There are not to many indexes you will have to go page by page there are about 9 pages per year 4 records per screen

PG LINK TO DEATH RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245978401

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246001201

Marty

Marty
gnavidi

Post by gnavidi »

Hello everyone

Thanks so much for your guidance. I have now found Maddalena navarra/o. She was born in Trabia in 1807. Much earlier than I anticipated. She lived to be 85 years old. Wow! I have found that her parents were Domenico/Domenio Navarra/o and Rosalia Sanzone. I think it says Sanzone. It's hard to read the handwriting. It could be Sansone. Does anyone have any leads on Rosalia? It looks like ill have to order films from LDS to continue
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Did Maddalena Navarra die in Lascari or Trabia?
What year?

Marty

Marty