Finding truly Free U.S. websites for Genealogy research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Finding truly Free U.S. websites for Genealogy research

Post by rp76226 »

While I have found quite a few truly free websites for genealogy research and published them here in the past, I am always looking for more. The search is truly frustrating because of lies and deceptions. When you do a search for a free genealogical website, you will find many websites but they are almost all scams. You put in a name, it then "finds" records for that person. That's the free and totally worthless part. However, if you want to actually see the records, that's when the scam kicks in and wants you pay immediately or get a few days free search for agreeing to pay after the free trial period is over. Just give them your credit card.
Is there a way to search for truly free forever U.S. websites without seeing all the scumbag false advertising pay sites that lied to you in the first place? If so, how? Please don't give me the ones I already have (see below):

FamilySearch.org including its digitalized Italian records website
Rootsweb
Ellis island, Castle Garden, Searching Ellis Island
Heritage Quest OnLine (through your local library)

Note - I have quite a few Italian free websites - don't need any more of them. I'd publish them again now, but I have more than the maximum 8 links allowed for a Post on this website.