Maria Domenica Cestari/Cestaro and Gerardo Guadagno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ophelan

Maria Domenica Cestari/Cestaro and Gerardo Guadagno

Post by ophelan »

Hello, I'm trying to locate birth records for my great grandparents, but not having too much luck. Here's what I know so far.

Maria Domenica Cestari/Cestaro, born 11-Nov-1879 in Naples, immigrated to the US 03-Feb-1904. Parents Michele and Arcangela Cestaro.

Gerardo Guadagno, born 30-Apr-1882 in Atella, immigrated to the US 17-May-1902. Parents Luco and Elisabetta Guadagno.

After immigrating, they largely resided in Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey, married on an unknown date, naturalized in 1912 according to the 1920 census, and had several children: Michael, Maurice, Jean, Lena, Elizabeth, Luco, Gloria, and Jerry.

Any suggestions on where to dig further, or at this point do I need to reach out to the communes? Thanks!
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Maria Domenica Cestari/Cestaro and Gerardo Guadagno

Post by Robin B Mc »

Naples civil records are available on microfilm from 1809-1865 so although they were born after 1865, you may be able to find their parents marriages/births in there (maybe even the births of some of their siblings):

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

While that does mention online records, the city of Naples doesn't seem to be included so you would still need to order the microfilm.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Birth record of Gerardo Guadagno are you sure of your info on him.
Index#48
1882 April 28th in the town of Atella birth of Gerardo Guadagno son of Michele Guadagno age 30 farmer and his wife Arcangela Giuliano
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,55828801

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Michele Guadagno and Maria Arcangela Giuliano
Index#10
1873 May 1st in the town of Atella appeared Michele Guadagno age 22 farmer born in Atella son of deceased Vito Guadagno and Mariantonia Tolomeo married to Maria Arcangela Giuliano age 19 born in Atella daughter of Nicola Giuliano and Rosa Palmieri

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,53393201

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Michele Guadagno (Praola)
Index#24
1850 May 8 in the town of Atella birth of Michele Guadagno son of Vito Guadagno age 39 farmer (son of deceased Vincenzo Guadagno) and Mariantonia Tolomeo age 30
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,52331601

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Maria Arcangela Giuliano
Index#66
1853 Nov 8th in the town of Atella birth of Maria Arcangela Giuliano daughter of Nicola Giuliano age 30 farmer (son of deceased Giovani Giuliano) and his wife Rosa Palmieri age 28
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Vito Guadagno (father of Michele Guadagno )
Index#33
1862 Mar 27th in the town of Atella death of Vito Guadagno age 40(abt 1822) resides in Atella son of deceased Vincenzo Guadagno (no mother listed) husband of Mariantonia Tolomeo
PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I believe the Cestari come from Casandrino a comune in the Metropolitan City of Napoli that's where her brother Francesco was coming from on his first visit line#9 in the shipmanifest
PG LINK
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... turnRecord

Lets try this request for Maria birth record if you know her parents names fill in that info try the email first
email:anagcasandrino@virgilio.it

SERVIZI DEMOGRAFICI
Comune di Casandrino
Via Alveo Fondina
80025 Casandrino (NA)
Italy
Dr.ssa SAVERIA COSTANZO
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Maria Domenica Cestari

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Casandrino . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Maria Domenica Cestari
Nome e cognome del padre: FATHERS NAME
Nome e cognome della madre: MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME
Luogo di nascita: Casandrino
Data di nascita: 1879
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty

Marty
ophelan

Post by ophelan »

Marty, thank you for your efforts! This gives me a lot more to work with, and I will contact the commune to try to locate Maria's birth record.
ophelan

Post by ophelan »

I received a response back regarding Maria; I ran it through Google Translate, and it sounds like they have the registry, but are asking for something from me. My ID?

Sig. Daniel Whelan, sono lieto comunicarle di aver rintracciato il registro dal quale risulta essere nata
la Sua antenata Sig.ra Maria Domenica Cestari (Anno 1878).
La collega dell'Ufficio Stato Civile mi ha ha già redatto il certificato richiesto ma occorre,
affinchè io posso trasmetterglielo, che Lei si identifichi e mi mandi un suo documento.

L'Ufficale D'Anagrafe delegato
P.I. Marco GOZZOLINO

Mr Daniel Whelan, I am pleased to acknowledge tracked the register from which turns out to be born
His ancestor Mrs. Maria Domenica Cestari (1878).
The Civil Status Office connects me has already prepared the required certificate, but it must be,
so that I can forward it, you will identify and send me one of his documents.

The presiding officer D'Registry Officer
P.I. Marco Gozzolino
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Photo id drivers license or passport

Marty

Marty