Ancester went to SOUTH America by mistake

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ancester went to SOUTH America by mistake

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Marty,
Thanks/Grazie! He was supposedly in the Calvary. Is that on the military document/
Valeria

Post by Valeria »

Hi,

I am from Argentina, so I may be able to help you a bit. Records for arrivals into Argentina are not complete, and from what I've gathered in my own search there are several repositories covering different periods. There is a whole ten years that are missing due to the yellow fever/fires/who knows what else, but that's around the 1870s/1880s. Records for the XX century are more complete.

Check out this website: http://www.barcoseinmigrantes.com

Also, some people who arrived from nearby ports such as Uruguay and others entered Buenos Aires through rivers, not sea, and are not listed in the Argentine records of arrivals from Europe:
http://www.barcoseinmigrantes.com/regis ... radas.html

In Argentina he will be José.

Suerte!

Valeria
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Valeria,
Grazie, Graccas! Obrigada, Thank you! I will try the two links you shared. I appreciate your help and interest.
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Valeria,
The links are strictly in Spanish. I do not speak Spanish or Italian or Portugese. I am looking for immigration from Italy to South America in approximately 1900-1930. The records on the first link, anyway, seem to be 1820 and 1870.
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Re: passenger lists

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Did Italy (Naples and/or Palermo) keep records of those Italians leaving Italy to America (s)? If so, where/how can a person find such a thing.
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Did Italy (Naples and/or Palermo) keep records of those Italians leaving Italy for America (s)? If so, where/how can a person find such a thing. Thanks
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage record 1889 in Ortona, Chieti, Italy

Post by sisINlaw58 »

I cannot find marriage record (date: 13 Jul 1889)of Caterina Rapino to Pasquale Iezzi.
On Ancestry.com I got limited info but a film # of 1037575 Married in Ortona, Chieti, Italy

Parents of Pasquale Iezzi: Giuseppe Iezzi e Rosa Napoloeone

Thanks!
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Birth record Italy 1871 for Santa Frasca

Post by sisINlaw58 »

I need help with language/handwriting on birth record for a lady named Santa Frasca. I found IMAGE # 55 on Antenati Gli Archivi per la Ricerca Anagrafica but it is too big to post plus it is an html and I have no idea how to change the file. I have instructions for postimage.com but can't seem to do it right.

Santa Frasca was born 1871 in Manopello, Chieti, Italy. I'm trying to figure out if she is the mother to Rocco Iezzi (born May 1887 in Manopello). She married Domenico Iezzi sometime before 1887 in Manopello. I have no idea when Domenico was born.

Thanks!
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

What precisely is meant by nella casa posta in Cupra in Manopello, Italy? I have a birth record of April 1887 in Manopello with this phrase. Is this an actual house/farm? How can I get more information on this?
?
Also, how can I determine what RC parish the family attended? (baptism of their children).
Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

My suggestion is to find another birth record of a sibling of Rocco iezzi born 4/13/1887 in Manoppello to find parents ages. Leave a link to the record when you find one. The church they used is probally San Nicola in Manoppello

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Thanks Marty!
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Can I get this death record translated? It is a twin girl Cecelia Mongiovi born to Salvatore Mongiovi and wife Anna Lombardo. December 1887 Manopello. Her sister, Vincenza survived. I cannot make out all the handwriting. Thanks IMAGE 161 but registration # 326

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... d=78468494
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1897 Dec 29th in the town of Mussomeli death of Cecelia Mongiovi 1 day old daughter of Salvatore Mongiovi farmer and wife Anna Lombardo

PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sisINlaw58
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sisINlaw58 »

Thank you Marty. I meant to type Mussemeli. Am interested in the posta ________ on the death record. I am guessing it is a village/town in the slightly larger town of Mussemeli? If possible, I would like the name. Also, what RC parish would be a guess the family attended? Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

nella casa posta in=street is via San Domenico there is no church listed but possible
SANTUARIO MARIA SS. DEI MIRACOLI
Via San Domenico 2
93014 Mussomeli (CL)

Marty

Marty