How to obtain a marriage certificate from Vita, Trapani, Sicily or details on Vittorio Pizzolato and Veronica Surdi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AlexP

How to obtain a marriage certificate from Vita, Trapani, Sicily or details on Vittorio Pizzolato and Veronica Surdi

Post by AlexP »

Hi,
I would like information on how to obtain a marriage certificate of my great grandfather Vittorio Pizzolato who married Veronica Surdi. I know he was born in Vita in around the 1860's and his father was Antonino Pizzolato. Unsure where Veronica was born but I have her year of birth as 1868 and I am unsure of who Veronica's parents were. They had four boys, Vito B1892, Biagio B1895, Guiseppe B1900 and Samuele B1905. Veronica and her boys migrated to the US in the 1920's, unsure what happened to Vittorio.
Thanking you kindly.
Alex
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: How to obtain a marriage certificate from Vita, Trapani, Sicily or details on Vittorio Pizzolato and Veronica Surdi

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website here you go
Send email request first

email:servizidemografici@comune.vita.tp.it

Ufficio dello Stato Civile e Anagrafe
Comune di Vita
Piazza San Francesco -
91010 Vita (TP)
Italy
Attn: Leonarda Scimemi

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio o l’estratto completo dell’atto di matrimonio di Vittorio Pizzolato e Veronica Surdi

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero Vita. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Vittorio Pizzolato
Nome e cognome della moglie: Veronica Surdi
Luogo di matrimonio: Vita
Data di matrimonio: 1887-1892
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AlexP

Re: How to obtain a marriage certificate from Vita, Trapani, Sicily or details on Vittorio Pizzolato and Veronica Surdi

Post by AlexP »

Thanks heaps Marty!! Is there any way to find out what happened to Vittorio Pizzolato??
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Hi Marty,
The commune of Vita couldn't find my great grandparents marriage certificate, I have just found out they were married in Salemi, Trapani Sicily - do you have details and emails of that community?? I have their marriage date of November 28, 1889. Much appreciated
Thanks Alex
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Try these email addresses:
Erudita

Responsabile dell'Ufficio Anagrafe : Drago Fara
E.mail: f.drago@cittadisalemi.it. Telefono. 0924-991226
E.mail: ufficioanagrafe@cittadisalemi.it

Ufficio Stato Civile
Responsabile : Dr. Vanella Leonarda
E.mail: l.vanella@cittadisalemi.it. Telefono. 0924-991222
E.mail: ufficiostatocivile@cittadisalemi.it
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. Keep us updated.
Erudita
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Hi Erudita,
I would like to order a birth certificate for my great grandfather Vittorio Pizzolato born about 1861 in Vita, Trapani Sicily, I know he had a sister called Sebastiana Pizzolato unsure of her date of birth. Their father was Antonino Pizzolato, unsure who their mother was. The purpose is for genealogy.
Thanks
Alexia
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Erudita,
By the way I never heard back from the community of Salemi, Trapani for the marriage certificate of my great grandfather Vittorio Pizzolato and Veronica Surdi.
Thanks
Alexia
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Why don you try the Family History Library microfilms for rent viewing and copying Registri dello stato civile di Salemi (Trapani), 1820-1910 at your local FHL center
The film you need is
Matrimoni 1877-1899 Morti 1866-apr. 1874 Film#1467006

FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

ONLINE CLASS FOR TRANSLATING ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learningcenter ... 22Italy%22

FILMS FROM FHL OF SALEMI TRAPANI
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

In searching Italian civil records you have birth(nati) death(morte) marriage (matrimoni) by year most go from 1866-1910 some towns have other years. Indexes are found at the beginning or end of the year you are searching by index number and surname.There are also multi year indexes which combine 5 or 10 years of indexes
Babies are born then presented to the civil official of the town usually within a few days of birth for entry in the birth registry. If there is a problem and they cant register the birth act until much later they are entered in the Parte 2 for that year usually in the rear of the records and that record is usually handwritten. Sometimes there are sidenotes with marriage or death information or if the act has a mistake in it a correction to those mistakes
Marriage records include birth town, ages, occupations, parents names, if they are deceased
Death records have age parents if they were married and to whom and usually town of birth
Civil records are signed by the civil official and 2 witnesses not usually family members
The indexes for the churches in Italy of baptism and marriage and death are arranged by first name first (later years last name first) by year and date of the act and page and record number. Just find your person in the index and go back to the records to find the act you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AlexP

Post by AlexP »

Thanks Marty - I'll try that first.