re:registri di leva in palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:registri di leva in palermo

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

generally military conscription in italy didn't begin until 1873,starting with men 18 years old.this would mean,generally speaking,that men born before 1855 were exempt from military conscription.possibly this varied from province to province.if possible i'm hoping to obtain a military record for francesco landino,born in palermo in 1851.as that would have made him 18 in 1869 and 22 in 1873(already had a son by 1872 and by that time living in messina)would it be possible that there might have been a military record for him in palermo? or would he have been exempt?any info.regarding this would be helpful thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:registri di leva in palermo

Post by adelfio »

Hi John
Le fonti della leva militare sono raccolte nei due fondi denominati LISTE DI LEVA e FOGLI MATRICOLARI DI PALERMO E TRAPANI, suddivisi nelle serie: 1) liste di leva delle circoscrizioni militari di Palermo, Termini Imerese, Cefalù, Corleone, dalla classe 1841 alla classe 1911; 2) fogli matricolari delle classi 1841-1905. Per ogni iscritto nelle liste di leva sono annotati maternità, paternità, domicilio, professione, dati somatici e l'esito della visita (abile, riformato, rimandato). Sui fogli matricolari vengono riportate invece, e per i soli arruolati, notizie sulla durata del servizio militare prestato, le campagne di guerra, il corpo di arruolamento fino al definitivo congedo (soldati semplici e i sottufficiali). I fondi sono soggetti a periodiche implementazioni delle serie.

The sources of military service are collected in the two funds denominated LISTS LEVER and service books PALERMO AND DRILLS, divided into the series: 1) levy lists of military districts of Palermo, Termini Imerese, Cefalu, Corleone, from class to class 1841 1911 ; 2) service books of the classes from 1841 to 1905. For each registered as leverage are annotated maternity, paternity, address, profession, somatic data and the outcome of the visit (clever, reformed, postponed). The service books are returned instead, and only for those enrolled, news on the duration of military service, the campaigns of the war, the body of enlistment until the final farewell (privates and non-commissioned officers). The funds are subject to periodic implementations of the series.

Distretto Militare di Palermo
Piazza Indipendenza 7
90129 Palermo (italy)
e-mail:dmpalermo@levasicilia.difesa.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

marty just tried the email address you gave me.it didnt go through.it failed to send according the message i recieved.tried twice.i was going to request information for francesco landino b.santagata palermo in 1851.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

so men born in 1851 in palermo would be subject to military service?
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

really nothing would be on that record that i'd really need.marriage and death info.wouldnt be there.i have parents names.just information pertaining to military service.but i'll contact them anyway out of curiosity to see the document if its available.i'll try the address as the email address doesnt go through.