Looking for my ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Kaylie
Veteran
Veteran

Looking for my ancestors

Post by Kaylie »

I am researching my family ancestry and found in my papers a certificate of marriage between my maternal grandmother and grandfather written by the Municipio in Riposto Sicily. Her name: Maria Leotta married to Rosario Rodolico on February 26 1899. She was born in Riposto in May of 1880 and he was born in the town of Vittoria (I don't know the province) in 1871. they were married in Riposto in the Church of San Pietro. His parents names were Giuseppe Rodolico and Giovanna Giudici, both born in Vittoria. This is the first information I have been able to find with regard to the maternal side of my family and I think it might be a good place to start. Can one of you that is astute in researching help me start searching for my ancestors?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for my ancestors

Post by adelfio »

Looks like the name on the marriage act is Rudolico 1899 Feb 9th
I think they were born in Vittoria a town in the province of Ragusa, Sicilia, Italy

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349290001

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Records posted at other thread :-)

Rosario was born in Vittoria - Maria Leotta was born in Riposto :-)

http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/34194

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Lets try this for Rosario Rudolico birth record to see if this is the right birth town

Email: dirigente.demografici@comunevittoria.gov.it.

Comune di Vittoria
Via Bixio, 66
97019 Vittoria (RG)
Italia

Dott.ssa Eloisa Ragusa
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Rosario Rudolico

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Vittoria. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Rosario Rudolico
Nome e cognome del padre: Giuseppe Rudolico
Nome e cognome della madre: Giovanna Giudice
Luogo di nascita: Vittoria
Data di nascita: 1870-1872
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty