VERCESI. Montu Beccaria, Pavia.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
yduck

VERCESI. Montu Beccaria, Pavia.

Post by yduck »

Hi everyone,

I am very new here. I'm just starting out researching my Italian roots :D I have no idea where to start :shock:

I an from the UK and have recently found out that my Great Grandfather (Roberto Angelo Vercesi was from Montu Beccaria, Pavia. The details I have are;

Roberto Angelo Vercesi
Born 07 November 1883 in Montu Beccaria, Pavia. Arrived in the UK in 1913

Father - Gaspare Evangelista Vercesi (Worked on a farm, believed to of died in 1929)
Mother - Giovanna Vercesi (spelling could be wrong)
Older Brother - Guiseppi (believed to have taken over the running of the farm when Gaspare died)
Sister - Teresa (believed to of joined the Convent of Voghera)

If anyone has any information on any of the people mentioned above, i'd be very grateful. Or if anyone has any advice on where I might start my search i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks you in advance,

Yaya
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: VERCESI. Montu Beccaria, Pavia.

Post by Bette »

The www.familysearch.org web site has records from this town: Monty Beccaria, Pavia, Lombardia. Here is a list of the records which are written in Italian:

Matrimoni 1884-1929 Morti 1866-1877 Nati 1866-1900Pubblicazioni 1885-1920, 1922-1926, 1928-1929, 1882, 1921, 1927 Matrimoni 1866-1883

They can be found under: Italy, Pavia Voghera, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1861 - 1929.

Bette
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Birth record of Roberto Angelo Vercesi: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,387977501

Father: Gaspare, aged 40, son of Evangelista
Mother: Giovanna Giovanetti
yduck

Post by yduck »

Oh wow!! Thank you so much Livio!!

I did have a look on familysearch after posting on here on the 16th May, but I haven't found anything so far. So when i logged in today and found that not only had you found Roberto Vercesi's birth record, but you also posted the link. I could have danced. It's very kind of you. I cannot thank you enough.

Thank you also for clearing up his parents names too. Am I right in thinking Gaspare's father's name was Evangelista?

The records I had found here in the UK on Roberto Vercesi mentioned that his father's name was Gaspare Evangelista Vercesi but I had no real evidence. Now I do! So thanks :o)

I will now try and work out what Roberto's birth record says. Unfortunately I don't speak or read Italian. I really wish I could! It would make this a whole lot easier :o)

If anyone has any tips on reading Italian records, it would be greatly appreciated.

Just out of curiosity Livio, where did you find the information saying 'Gaspare, son of Evangelista'? I looked at the next image (1154) and I think it may also mention the name Evangelista on that too. Do you think it's possible there could be a connection? Image 1154 is for an Ernesto? Vercesi. (i think that's what it says ) and is 28 years old? You mentioned gaspare was 40, could it be a younger brother?
I have found that there are lots of vercesi's in the Montu Beccaria/Pavia area though I haven't come across many Evangelista's. It could have absolutely no connection but I thought i'd ask anyway as you seem pretty good at all this! :o) Do you know if Evangelista is a common name of that time period or of that area?

And to Bette, a big thank you also for your help in suggesting where I should be looking. I have already started going through the Matrimoni 1866-1883 on familysearch and I haven't come across anything as yet for Gaspare and Giovanna's marriage. I figure if Roberto was born in 1883, they must have been married before then. Plus he apparently had an older brother. Which again would suggest they married earlier than 1883. I will keep looking though.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way than looking through each slide? Sorry to ask so many questions. I am restraining myself too. I have SO many! :o) It's all very exciting.

Thanks again for all your help.

Yaya.