Gabriele Sabetti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Gabriele Sabetti

Post by Anizio »

I need help with my ancestor Gabriele Sabetti born circa 1775 in Tagliacozzo. I really need to find out his parents names but I can't seem to have any luck.

This is what I know:
born circa 1775-79, Tagliacozzo
married Flavia Tabacco before 1809
They had seven children between 1809-1825: Filippo Giacomo, Giacinto, Giulia, Gaetana, Domenica, Antonio, Simone.

There are a few other Sabetti names in the town, but I suspect Gabriele is the son of Antonio Sabetti and Candida Parisi. Why?
- their son Gaetano died in August 1818. My ancestor was the witness, and in November 1818 he named his daughter Gaetana.
- Antonio's father was named Gabriele
- Antonio died in December 1818, then in 1823 my ancestor Gabriele named his first son to be born since 1812 Antonio.

I'm stuck though because my ancestor seems to have died sometime after 1854, yet his death is not online at http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it (or i can't seem to find it) and the town of Tagliacozzo claims they cannot find his death record :(
I need help/advice.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Gabriele Sabetti

Post by Tessa78 »

While searching the morti (backwards from 1859 - 1855) I came upon the death in 1855 of Gaetana Sabetti, daughter of Gabriele Sabetti and of deceased Flavia Tabacco...

It would appear that Gabriele was still living in 1855, and I did not find him in the indexes of 1856, 57, 58, or 59...

Here is the link to the death of Gaetana (wife of Alessandro Guidarelli(?)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Year 1862 is missing online. I checked 1860, 1861, 1863, 1864, and 1865. Gabriele is not in the indexes.

T.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Gabriele Sabetti

Post by Anizio »

1862 is online, but it seems grouped under the 1861 heading. But yeah, if he died in Tagliacozzo it was after 1865...only the Stato Civile office says they can't find it so I don't know what to do in terms of finding his death. Short of having someone else submit the request so they don't see my name :/
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information