Surname Bonello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Surname Bonello

Post by PMM »

Hello
I'm looking for information on the death date of my ggrandfather Antonio Bonello. Birth year 1843(44) Tonco, Italy. He came to the USA in 1910 and went back to Italy in 1914 to stay. Thanks for your help :)
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Surname Bonello

Post by paola52 »

Bonello Antonio, 72, peasant, son of Francesco Bonello and Giovanna Ravera?, widower of Barbara Poletto, born in Tonco , died in Tonco 15 Nov 1916, in his house in Piazzetta San Giovanni, 4.
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1551/IT ... 1939-00428
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Yes this is the one. Thank you Paola. :)
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Would you (or someone) be able to translate this death record for me? Thanks again for the help :)
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Record number 28
November 16, 1916 in the council house of Tonco , Felice Clovis 44 shoemaker and Domenico Poletto 54, farmer, both of Tonco declared that the day before at 4 pm , in his house in Piazzetta San Giovanni, 4, died Bonello Antonio, 72, peasant, son of Francesco Bonello , and Giovanna Ravera?, (both deceased and both residing in Tonco while alive) widower of Barbara Poletto, born and residing in Tonco
Witnesses Eugenio Damonte 45 butcher and Camillo Ravera, 35, shoemaker
The declarants ,the witnesses and the town clerk Giovanni Bertoglietti signed the document. Domenico Poletto declared that he was illiterate
Ciao
Paola
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

By the way Barbara Poletto died June 10 1908, she was 56, peasant, daughter of the deceased Francesco Poletto and Giovanna Ravera , born and living in Tonco
She died in the house in via Milani 51. Felice Clovis was one of the declarants. A neighbor maybe?
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1551/IT ... 1939-00185

Paola
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Paola Thank you for translating this document for me. Where is states the name Domenico Poletto declared that he was illiterate, could that witness possibly have been Barbara Poletto's( my gggrandmother's) father?(brother?)
I've seen the name surname Clovis several times throughout my research and have seen Felice Clovis as well. That name does tie in with my family.
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Would you be able to provide any information for me about Cesarina Clovis(Bonello) from Tonco? Parents Antonio Bonello and Barbara Polettao? Birth/deathdate? Also Ida Pasqua Maria Bonello DOB 1891( same parents) Thanks

I'm thinking Cesarina may be married to Felice or a relative of his but she did not come to USA with him in 1901- Caroline Clovis listed on manifest poss. sister??

Thanks for your help :)