Levaggi Family of Fylde, UK

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Zer0UK

Levaggi Family of Fylde, UK

Post by Zer0UK »

Hi,
I'm researching my girlfriends Italian heritage and discovered she comes from a line of Levaggi's. Her great grandad was Angelo Levaggi who was born in Blackpool, UK. His had was Antonio Levaggi who was born in Italy around 1853.

After Antonio the researching has become almost impossible with all records most likely being in Italian. I haven't found any records of Antonio's travel to Britain, nor a passport or any other documents. I did a little surname research and found the Levaggi name to be quite specfic to the Genoa region of Italy and most likely around the region of Chiavari, I'm not sure how true this might be however.

Antonio married Rose Hannah Fontana who was born in Leeds to Italian parents Paulo Fontana and Mary Madeleine Copperlo. If anyone could find out anything about anybody mentioned here I would be more than happy!
antonyhindle

Re: Levaggi Family of Fylde, UK

Post by antonyhindle »

Hello
My grandmother was Angelina Levaggi, daughter of Antonio and Rose Hannah Levaggi. Antonio's passage to the UK possibly was mis-recorded under the name of Loveje. Regards Tony.
Michaellevaggi

Re: Levaggi Family of Fylde, UK

Post by Michaellevaggi »

Hello. Did your grandma have a brother called Giuseppe and Angelo??

Regards Michael