Nuzzo in Cancello e Arnone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Nuzzo in Cancello e Arnone

Post by rjmichaels »

Hello,

I am looking for descendants of Francesco Nuzzo (1881-?) and Clementina Ciaramella (1882-?). Francesco was born 20 December 1881 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere to Raffaele Nuzzolo (1842-1926) and Vincenza Rauso (1849-1912). Clementina was born 30 July 1882 in Cancello e Arnone to Felice Ciaramella and Caterina Mereuda. They married in Cancello e Arnone on 1 February 1903. Online records go through 1910 and I located the following births: Raffaele Pasquale Egidio Nuzzo (1905), Pasquale Giovanni Ciro Nuzzi (1907), Giovanni and Luigi Nuzzo (stillborn twins - 1909), and Giovanni Luigi Ciro Nuzzo (1910). The family may have also used Nuzzi.

I am descended from Francesco's brother. I have retained a researcher in Italy and she tried to get in contact with the only Nuzzo (Giovanna) in the phone book for Cancello e Arnone and the woman was very uncooperative and simply said we were not related (and it took a letter and many phone calls before she would even speak to my researcher, just to quickly dismiss her).

If anyone out there is descended from Francesco Nuzzo and Clementina Ciaramella of Cancello e Arnone, please contact me. Francesco's father, Raffaele, had ten children, five of whom died in infancy. Of the remaining five, two immigrated and two died in their early-30s, leaving Francesco.

Sincerely,
Ray