SIMEONE

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
georgiasimeone

SIMEONE

Post by georgiasimeone »

hi,

English is my first language and I know barely any Italian. I need some help researching the SIMEONE family. I only have limited information but I'm willing to share

Thanks.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: SIMEONE

Post by Tessa78 »

We would love to help! :-)

What information can you provide about the family... names, dates (birth, death, marriage, etc.), places they lived, occupation? Anything at all that will help us to help you research the Simeone family.

T.
georgiasimeone

Post by georgiasimeone »

Hi,

Sorry, I have only just noticed your reply! I have very little information. I think I know when and where he was born. I'm thinking around 1872 in Caserta. However my dad seems to think Naples!? On my great Grandads marriage certificate his dads name is Francis - but as his dad was in Italy and Dominic was in Liverpool maybe his name was actually something else but they just simplified it. Dom married Rosa in 1911 and Dom's dad was deceased on the record.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

So your GGF Domenico Simeone moved from Italy to England, sometime before 1911? Why do you think 1872 in Caserta? Are you talking about 2 different marriage certs here or just one?

Francis was usually short for Francesco. Did Dom have a son with the name Frank?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Could this be your grandfather?

Domenico Simeone
England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007
Name Domenico Simeone
Event Type Death
Registration Quarter Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration Year 1942
Registration District Bristol
County Gloucestershire
Event Place Bristol, Gloucestershire, England
Age (available after 1866) 70
Birth Year (Estimated) 1872
Volume 6A
Page 245
Line Number 2

T.
georgiasimeone

Post by georgiasimeone »

Sorry to take so long to reply!
I am talking about just 1 marriage certificate which is my great grandads.

Yes I think that could be him! All that info seems to make sense!

My great grandad did have a son called Francis but they called him frank. Rosa and Dom had many children and Francis/ Frank was the oldest boy.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Hello. There is a Simeone connection in my family. They came to bristol from Liverpool. I have loads on them. Please contact me?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
georgiasimeone

Post by georgiasimeone »

Hi Jamie,

Sorry, i forgot my password to this website so have only just seen this message!

Are you still willing to share information? I have a little bit of information on the Innelli family too, as my great grandad Domenico married Maria Rosaria Innelli in 1911, in Liverpool.

Thanks,
Georgia Simeone
Mnuttall89

Post by Mnuttall89 »

Hi Georgia,
I recently have started to find some information on the Simeone family as well.
I am the grandson of Domenico Simeone who I believe was the son of the person mentioned above.
Sadly my grandad passed away this summer, but I would be interested in helping.
Like yourself I have found the family history to be hard to track down - I have been told the same information as yourself that Domenico was born in Naples then moved to Liverpool.
From there to Bristol which is where my Grandad met his wife and he started a family.
Please feel free to message me.
georgiasimeone

Post by georgiasimeone »

Hi Matt

I have just replied to your direct message! I don't use this website very often so have only just seen it.

Your grandfather Domenico is my great uncle & my family tree says that we are 2nd cousins. Im sorry for the loss of your grandfather.

My grandfather was Joseph Simeone, your grandfathers youngest brother. He sadly passed away in 2004!

I've heard lots of different stories about our great grandfather from lots of different family members but all the stories are different so not sure what to believe!

I think it would be great if we could work on this together! I have sent you my email by direct message as that is an easier way to get hold of me & that way I can reply quicker.