Help identifying a coat of arms

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GunnH

Help identifying a coat of arms

Post by GunnH »

Hi!

I have a coat of arms that I am trying to identify. It has been in the family 1400s-1500s.
The description and history behind it comes from heraldic books from 1650 to 1680 . And that information came from the archives of Johan Kruckow who married into my family.

The shield is described as follows : 9 yellow lilies on a blue background , with a lily on the helmet . ( 3,3,2,1 ) They also used 9 white lilies on a red background .
It is said that the family's first origin came from the Kingdom of Naples. And that they had come with Kong " egret " into the country , Norway and Sweden .
" Herge " is most likely King Eric of Pomerian . He was going on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem from 1424 to 1426 . We know now that at least 1 aristocrat went with him back to Sweden , and that was Ivan Anz Frankopan who were there for 8 years.
King Eric was in Naples and Venice.
http://old.genealogi.no/flip_books/birg ... geNumber=2 (page 12/13)

http://www.croatianhistory.net/etf/ibler.pdf

Unfortunately I have no name that can identify this noble who came to Scandinavians.

A herald geneticist suggested family Balbi, but the Crest had only 6 lilies. But they were supposedly from Venice.

I found only information about Balbi family of Genoa online , and they have another Coat of arms .
Pietro Querini and his friends have been in my mind too. They were in Vadstena in 1432.

Can anyone help me identify the coat of arms ?

I will be forever grateful ! :D

Best wishes

Gunn-Heidi

Norway
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Re: Help identifying a coat of arms

Post by Marcas »

The town of Ronco Biellese in Piedmont has 9 yellow lilies, blue shield. And a tower in it which you didn't mention, so a mismatch.
src https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronco_Biellese

Bovolini family in Veneto. It has 9 yellow lilies on plain blue shield. Lilies arranged in 3,3,3 formation, what a near miss.

extinct Incisa family from North Italy. 3,3,2,1 formation, gotcha! 9 yellow stars in blue shield. but stars are not lilies. Also, you can't contact dead people.

Since I'm not in Naples atm, I did my best with my araldic books. Good luck.
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
GunnH

Re: Help identifying a coat of arms

Post by GunnH »

Hi,

Thanks a lot! Well it is worth looking into anyway, coz this ancestor of mine could have made the crest more personal...

Again thanks a lot!

Best wishes from Norway

Gunn-Heidi