Giovanni Sepe Birth and Marriage Documents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mikegates90

Giovanni Sepe Birth and Marriage Documents

Post by mikegates90 »

I have dome some extensive research on my family, and found everything except for my G-G-GF's birth and marriage documents (along with his wife's birth record). He was born on September 30th, 1858 in Pontecorvo, Italy. according to his naturalization record. I am not sure of their marriage date. Any help would be great.

As a side note, I've heard of a few people being able to beat the 1948 rule. MY G-G-GF naturalized in 1909, which stripped my GGF from keeping citizenship. My current plan of attack is to find a consul that ignores the 1912 rule, or to get citizenship via my G-G-GM by fighting the 1948 rule via the gender discrimination argument. Any advice?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Sepe Birth and Marriage Documents

Post by Italysearcher »

Pontecorvo didn't begin civil records until 1860 so you won't find their birth records. The parish church should have their baptism records. The town of Pontecorvo has indexes but the clerk is not great about responding to requests, your citizenship takes LOTS of their time, and is in last place always.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.