Baroni Guiso information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dolcezza

Baroni Guiso information

Post by Dolcezza »

Hi, I'm Italian and I live in England. My dad's family descends from the Spanish Barons whose surname was Guiso.
Some moved to Argentina and others are spread in Australia, US and Italy. Any info would be welcomed. I'm LDS.
Thanks!
Dolcezza
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Baroni Guiso information

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Dolcezza,

What kind of information are you looking for?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Dolcezza

Post by Dolcezza »

ALL OF IT!!! We have done some research from here and we need to link my grandad to them with proper documents. I need to know if there are more Guiso around and if they have done their genealogy. The Guiso were from Spain. They moved to Sardinia in Italy in 1600 to fight for the local Kings, they were awarded the title of Barons, they stayed in Sardinia and 1/4 of it became "baronia" their own land so to speak.
They were rich aristocrats and they had mansions, museums etc but when Republic was made, the aristocracy was wiped. You can call yourself with your title but it is not recognised.
Now all the Guiso still remember their heritage but are too spread to know the whole story. It is very interesting.
If there are replies to my thread I would like to be told.
I thought that replies are automatically sent as an email alert but this didn't happen...will check my preferences now.
Thanks for ANY ideas you have ...
Dolcezza
P.S.
If you post and I don't reply it is just that I don't know about it. Just PM me or go to my site http://gods-wr.ath.cx and leave a message! Thanks
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

here a noble Guiso in Sardinia(Sardegna)
http://www.sardimpex.com/Files%206/CADELLO.htm
"Nobile Donna Anna Grazia (*Orani 17…, +Orani ….)
= (spouse the noble kinight) il Cavaliere Nobile Don Ignazio Guiso Serra, da Orosei"

and here another branche family
http://www.sardimpex.com/Files%208/ZAPATA.htm

" Nobile Donna Maria Maddalena, ebbe parte della dote dal patrigno Marchese di Soleminis (*1688, +Cagliari 25-VI-1751)

=( married in Cagliari)Cagliari the 13-II-1707 il Cavaliere Nobile Don Pietro Manca-Guiso Cervellòn, 5° Marchese di Albis, Barone di Orosei, Barone di Bonvehì, Signore di Ussana, Signore di Planu ‘e Murtas, Signore di Austis, Signore del Barigadu Jossu (*Cagliari 8-VII-1686, +Cagliari 29-VI-1722) (v.)"

the Guiso in Sardsinia was noble knights...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

here a noble Guiso in Sardinia(Sardegna)
http://www.sardimpex.com/Files%206/CADELLO.htm
"Nobile Donna Anna Grazia (*Orani 17…, +Orani ….)
= (spouse the noble kinight) il Cavaliere Nobile Don Ignazio Guiso Serra, da Orosei"

and here another branche family
http://www.sardimpex.com/Files%208/ZAPATA.htm

" Nobile Donna Maria Maddalena, ebbe parte della dote dal patrigno Marchese di Soleminis (*1688, +Cagliari 25-VI-1751)

=( married in Cagliari)Cagliari the 13-II-1707 il Cavaliere Nobile Don Pietro Manca-Guiso Cervellòn, 5° Marchese di Albis, Barone di Orosei, Barone di Bonvehì, Signore di Ussana, Signore di Planu ‘e Murtas, Signore di Austis, Signore del Barigadu Jossu (*Cagliari 8-VII-1686, +Cagliari 29-VI-1722) (v.)"

the Guiso in Sardsinia was noble knights...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Dolcezza

Post by Dolcezza »

Its' them, yes, I had these pages already, and now I am trying to understand what happened to them in the 1800-1900. Difficult because many parish church records were lost in some fires.
I hope to find more descendants!
Thank you!
Dolcezza
gavinoguiso

Post by gavinoguiso »

Hi Dolcezza. I think a can solve your troubles about Guiso family origin. I live in Sardinia and I have a good family tree on my desk. Really I think we are relatives.... :) write to gavinoguiso@live.it.
Dolcezza

Post by Dolcezza »

Hello brother, glad you found this forum! I was checking it last week but still no news.
Guys, this is my brother and knows no more than me about our genealogy!
Say hi to your wife....
Ciao
Dolcezza aka franz
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dolcezza there are a number of books relating to Sardinia and their families and their personal histories as well but none of the titles to 53 Books nvolving notable persons and nobles, art, folklore, dialects and presumably genealogies lkisted in my indices....HOWEVERThere is an antiquarianbook dealer inSardinia AGENZIA LIBRARIA POZZI, Viale Elmas 154,09122 Cagliari. Their telephone number is (070) 2128011 (FAX0070-241-288. Their e-mail address is: AGFOZZI@TISCALI.IT

You might want to mention to the book dealer if you speak with him that I referred you to a wirter called F. Guasco who wrote A Feudal Dictionary of the antique Sardinian states andof the Lombardia region since you mentioned there were family members who "immigrated " to Sardinia. It should be pointed out I mention this because Spain ruled most of Italy from 1559 to 1713 and hence the possible connection to your family. Peter
~Peter~