Gidaro from Isca Sull Jonio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debik

Re: Gidaro from Isca Sull Jonio

Post by debik »

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/us ... -0003.html
this site might help explain things better...
Gidget6880

Post by Gidget6880 »

Debi k-

I sent a message to you let me know if you have trouble getting it.

Lisa
debik

Post by debik »

Dear Lisa...I didn't get your message...Please try again...Thank You...Debi
debik

Post by debik »

Yes Lisa sorry I did receive your private message.Thank You
Gidget6880

Post by Gidget6880 »

Debi-

I sent you another message but I also wanted to tell you that I found an Italian phonebook online and am going to try and find relatives in Italy. I am writing to my Gidaro side of the family right now but soon I will try to find procopio's as well. There are like 174 listings for Procopios in Italy and only about 27 for Gidaros. So I figured that I would try them first. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Lisa
jfgirl786

Post by jfgirl786 »

mfjp wrote:Hi jcsm... relinked the manifests from your earlier post.

Ellis Island links

First Name: Antonio Pasquale (wife is Teresa Stillo)Last Name: Gidaro
Ethnicity: Italy South
Last Place of Residence: Isca Vill Jonio, Italy
Date of Arrival: Mar 10, 1910
Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Europa
Port of Departure: Napoli
Manifest Line Number: 0027
Maria

Hello! My great-grandfather Ralph Stillo had a sister Teresa Stillo who married a Tony Gidaro. I am wondering if these are the same people. I know they had 9 children: Victor, Daniel, Louis, Albert, Joe, Charlie, Josephine , Anna, and Lena.
Teresa's siblings were Louis, Dominic, Joseph, and Charles

Hope to hear from you soon! I know this is a while after the last post!
Jennifer:)
mhaggs

Post by mhaggs »

Hi Deb! I'd like to help clarify things, Elizabetta Procopio was married to Saverio Nestico, they had 2 children Marie Teresa (my great grandmother) and Saverio. Elizabetta died while my great grandmother was very young, her father remarried Terasina Primerano. According to your last posting, it sounds like we are cousins, I am also related to Patti from Mass., she is my mother's first cousin. I would love to talk with you about this (I live in Stonington), please contact me if you'd like to get together.
LoriAnn

Post by LoriAnn »

heels wrote:Hi Lisa
I just read your post (2006). My parents also emigrated from Isca Sul Ionio but they came to Canada.

I do know that we had a number of relatives in Kulpmont. My dad's last name is Gidaro, and his mother was, I believe, Maria Mirarchi????not sure of her last name. She was Ferdinando Gidaro's second wife (his first wife died), but I believe that a number of his children from his first wife moved to Kulpmont. Uncle Charlie (Pasquale) came to the U.S. and married Aunt Margaret, (she was not Italian, but spoke perfect dialect)and lived in Kulpmont; they're the ones we went to visit. I know that there were other brothers and I believe a sister who lived there too.

It's a start to perhaps meeting a canadian side of your family????

Hello heels

Charles and Margaret Gidaro were my great grandparents From Kulpmont. My grandfather is their son Joseph. He is still alive and requesting that I look for his relatives. His brother Charles and sister Genevieve has passed away. I would love more info!!!
Thanks
Lori
LucyG

Post by LucyG »

Hi Lori
I remember Joseph and Genevieve. I was very young but they were wonderful people. Did Genevieve have daughters named Cindy and Peggy? I remember them too.
LoriAnn

Post by LoriAnn »

Hi Lucy

Yes Cindy and Peggy are Genevieves daughters. I remember family visiting my grandparents in Elysburg when I was very young. I don't remember names but do remember they were from Canada. It's a small world. Sorry it has been so long since you posted. I just read it.

Lori S
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

Hi guys;

I grew up in Kulpmont and have family history that stretched back to the Gidaros in Isca. I don't know if it's the same branch of the tree (there were at least two branches of the Gidaro tree, and several of the Procopios, and probably more, the town was full of descendants of men from Isca who came over in the 20's to mine coal)

But this line struck me...

>> she came over in 1923. They had 4 children Anthony, Stephen, Marie, and Elizabeth and lived in Kulpmont, Pa

When I was young, there was a small store at 722 Chestnut street, run by two brothers named Anthony and Steve Gidaro. Their ages would have put them in the right place to be the children of a couple who immigrated in the mid 20's

DM me for more info