Pignataro/Guarino/Dattale/Ambrosena and Pace/Molinari/Cicci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
toni1937

Re: Pignataro/Guarino/Dattale/Ambrosena and Pace/Molinari/Ci

Post by toni1937 »

I am the daughter of Maria Santamaria Pignataro Valentino who was previously married to Ernesto Pignataro. I am the only child of Maria and Guiseppe Valentino (Valentini changed when he came through Ellis Is.).

I would like to correct the place of her birth (have birth cert.). She was born in Albano di Lucania May 2, 1897 and arrived in the US via Ellis Is. in 1905 age 8. She married Ernesto in 1913 at age 16. They had 6 children, 1st child, daugh., born cir. 1914, died of pneumonia at age 9mos. 2nd child, daugh., Carmella., born 01/05/1916, 3rd child, son, Stephano, born 07/26/1918, 4th child, son, Vito, born 10/03/1919, 5th child, son, Louis, born cir. 1921, died age 4 (inverted measles), 6th child, son, Anthony, born 06/13/1924.

Maria had two brothers Guiseppe (Joe) and Gaetano (Tom) from the union between Vito Santamaria and Angela Guarino.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

where would you like the birth correction to appear?? Please advise us. =Peter=
toni1937

Post by toni1937 »

Peter,
Under the 3rd section that Shazam posted regarding Ernesto Pignataro marrying Maria Santamaria...it stated she was from the same area as Ernesto...in fact, she was born in Albano di Lucania, Potenza. That is the only change I would inflict plus adding the children they both produced.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

So how do you want the change to occur. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:So how do you want the change to occur. =Peter=
Peter, I might be wrong, but my understanding is that Toni1937 is just giving additional information about her mother to shazam989 who is seeking information about his own family. Shazam989 and Toni1937 are related...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Livio I have no idea of what this persons wants to do with the birth change. Whatever you deem correct is correct!! =Peter=
toni1937

Post by toni1937 »

Sorry I added so much confusion to this site. Yes, I was just clarifying the relationship and facts to Shazam989's posting. Thanks for keeping me on the up and up.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Toni1937, I believe that you have been very valuable to Shazam989! This genealogy forum is really helping and it often allows to find never known cousins!
SMR123

Post by SMR123 »

Wow this is amazing. I'm planning a trip to Italy in June 2009 and have started to do some research on my grandfather Menotti (Mario) Pignataro in hopes of visiting his hometown. It looks like I found some relatives, how cool! Thanks for all the helpful info. Not sure if any of you are still using this site but if so, let me know, and I'll gladly tell you what I can tell you about Mario Pignataro (brother of Ernesto).

Sincerely,

Steven
San Francisco, CA
toni1937

Post by toni1937 »

I'm sure quite a few are looking into the Pignataro family and will be happy to get any info. Although I am partially related to the Pignataro's, I remember my half-brother talking about Uncle Mario and Uncle Richard. It will be interesting to find out more about the family...I also remember Uncle Louis and Aunt Josie and their family. Good luck with your research. Anita Valentino
Brite1212

Post by Brite1212 »

Hi everyone,

This is probably 6 yrs too late but I am one of Carmella Pignataro Zinzi's and Louis Zinzi's great granddaughters... Or as we called em Grandma Minnie and Grandpa Louie. Let me know if u need more info!

-Jaime
toni1937

Post by toni1937 »

I'm Minnie's half sister and am curious which great granddaughter you are? You can email direct at tmarsan@comcast.net...
Patruch

Post by Patruch »

I would like to know more about Vito Santa Maria as it states "he was married before Angela to someone and had Pietro and Prudenza Greco. Can you tell me who this "someone" is as I am trying to find out more about my grandmother's family. Her maiden name was Prudenza Santa Maria and married name Prudenza Greco. Maybe you can find out who "someone" is! TY Patruch