Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bjguarente

Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Post by bjguarente »

Who has family that orignated from Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy?

I am a descendant of the Fierrimonte, Guarente, Sacco, DeLuca, DeStefano, DiPierri, and Musto Families of Montemiletto!
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Post by SynThea »

I do indeed have family from Montemiletto, and nearby Torre le Nocelle, Avellino, Campania.

Believe we have connected at least once before through another forum.

First family name you cite MAY be Tierremonte. I have several, including one dating back to about 1640.
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
jj_nycguy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jj_nycguy »

bjguarente wrote:Who has family that orignated from Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy?

I am a descendant of the Fierrimonte, Guarente, Sacco, DeLuca, DeStefano, DiPierri, and Musto Families of Montemiletto!
Hi bjguarente.

As I continue to dig up information regarding my family in Montemiletto, I found that Sr. Fierimonte witnessed the marriage of my ggg-grandfather, Gaetano Riccio. I also have Musto and DeLuca family members, but I believe the DeLuca's may have been from Tufino.

Small world, ey? <smile>
saccolicious
Rookie
Rookie

Post by saccolicious »

My g-grandfather's name was Ciriaco Sacco b. 1886 in Montemiletto. His parents were Antonio Sacco and Felicia Maria (Capone) Sacco. His siblings were Giuseppe, Filomena (Messere), Maria (Mucciarone), Angelina (Palumbo), Luigi, and Carmine. Don't know anything about Luigi and Carmine. Any of these names familiar?

Anthony Sacco
ajcris13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ajcris13 »

I also have family from Montemiletto they are the families of the Scutellaro, Fierrimonte, Gubitose and the Brogna.
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SynThea »

I have Torre le Nocelle/Montemiletto names Sacco, De Luca, Di Pierri, Di Stefano, Musto, Brogna ... a few back to 1650s ...

much stronger records in Torre through intermarriages.
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA