Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bjguarente

Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Post by bjguarente »

Who has family that orignated from Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy?

I am a descendant of the Fierrimonte, Guarente, Sacco, DeLuca, DeStefano, DiPierri, and Musto Families of Montemiletto!
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Post by SynThea »

I do indeed have family from Montemiletto, and nearby Torre le Nocelle, Avellino, Campania.

Believe we have connected at least once before through another forum.

First family name you cite MAY be Tierremonte. I have several, including one dating back to about 1640.
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
jj_nycguy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jj_nycguy »

bjguarente wrote:Who has family that orignated from Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy?

I am a descendant of the Fierrimonte, Guarente, Sacco, DeLuca, DeStefano, DiPierri, and Musto Families of Montemiletto!
Hi bjguarente.

As I continue to dig up information regarding my family in Montemiletto, I found that Sr. Fierimonte witnessed the marriage of my ggg-grandfather, Gaetano Riccio. I also have Musto and DeLuca family members, but I believe the DeLuca's may have been from Tufino.

Small world, ey? <smile>
saccolicious
Rookie
Rookie

Post by saccolicious »

My g-grandfather's name was Ciriaco Sacco b. 1886 in Montemiletto. His parents were Antonio Sacco and Felicia Maria (Capone) Sacco. His siblings were Giuseppe, Filomena (Messere), Maria (Mucciarone), Angelina (Palumbo), Luigi, and Carmine. Don't know anything about Luigi and Carmine. Any of these names familiar?

Anthony Sacco
ajcris13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ajcris13 »

I also have family from Montemiletto they are the families of the Scutellaro, Fierrimonte, Gubitose and the Brogna.
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SynThea »

I have Torre le Nocelle/Montemiletto names Sacco, De Luca, Di Pierri, Di Stefano, Musto, Brogna ... a few back to 1650s ...

much stronger records in Torre through intermarriages.
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
miamiwings

Post by miamiwings »

My grandfather Rafael Brogna married to Elizabeth Gubitosa came to the US from Montemiletto. I believe he had one brother Giovannantonio Brogna and he also came to US They lived in New Jersey. My grandmother had several brothers Gubitosa and one sister Olympia who married a Pezella and lived in Washington DC. We are presently researching the Brognas and Gubitosas if anyone knows anything about my grandfathers ancestors, please let me know. I belive his father was Giovanni Brogna and his mother was Giovanna Devito also from Montemiletto, I heard that his father was raised by months or priests, but not sure. We are also related to Scutellaros
QNPoohBear

Post by QNPoohBear »

My grandmother was born in Montemiletto. Her maiden name is Censale and her mother's maiden name is Fiorentino. Her father had an uncle named Antonio Capone and a cousin named Francesco Capone who lived in Boston in the early 1900s. Her father had a few siblings and cousins but I don't know more family names.
cheryl021

Post by cheryl021 »

My grandfather Rafael Brogna married to Elizabeth Gubitosa came to the US from Montemiletto. I believe he had one brother Giovannantonio Brogna and he also came to US They lived in New Jersey. My grandmother had several brothers Gubitosa and one sister Olympia who married a Pezella and lived in Washington DC. We are presently researching the Brognas and Gubitosas if anyone knows anything about my grandfathers ancestors, please let me know. I belive his father was Giovanni Brogna and his mother was Giovanna Devito also from Montemiletto, I heard that his father was raised by months or priests, but not sure. We are also related to Scutellaros.

Hi Miamiwings, I was so excited to see your post. My grandmother was Olympia Gubitosa and my grandfather was Rocco Pezzella. I have been trying to find out more information about them. I am new to this research. Anything you can tell me would be great. Thanks
duggancj@aol.com

Post by duggancj@aol.com »

My husband's family is from Montemeletto, Avelino, Italy. His grandfather Dominick Musto, came over to NY in 1905. He settled in Hoboken, NJ and eventually moved to West New York, NJ. If you think we might be related, I would love to have more information on him.
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SynThea »

I have a fair number of Mustos from Montemiletto, although none so far in New Jersey ... do you have date of birth or parents for YOUR Domenico?

We might be able to narrow a search if you know names & dates besides immigration.
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
duggancj@aol.com

Post by duggancj@aol.com »

Dominick Musto was born in Montemiletto, Avelino, Italy in 1887. He immigrated to the US via NY in 1905. He had a brother Angelo b.1886 and a brother, Charles b. 1884. There may have been more siblings, but I got Angelo and Charles' names from the 1910 Hoboken census records.
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SynThea »

Have in my files a few "possible" family units for Domenico Mustos, but no identifiable "direct" link to yours born 1887.

Any clues as to his parents names OR whom he married (presumably in the U.S.? but maybe SHE was from Avellino?)

How about Domenico's childrens' names? Sometimes you can trace back to grandparents THAT way ...
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
SynThea
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SynThea »

Also: any known links to BOSTON?

Di Rienzo family???
SynThea
Massachusetts
USA
SueCollins

Post by SueCollins »

My Grandfathers' name was Raphael Brogna from montemiletto also. Would like to know who the other two people were who said that was their grandfathers' name also. Let's compare notes. I'd love to find out I have some cousins out there that I didn't know I had!
Raphael(Ralphs') childrens' names were Kenny,Bill, Robert and Arlene. He married Georgiana .