Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jstinnett13

Re: Do you have family from Montemiletto?

Post by jstinnett13 »

I, too, have family from Montemiletto. My family includes Capones and Ciarlas. I also have Todesca family from Torre. One of my great-grands was Saveria Brogna. Saveria's parents were Tomasso and Chiara (d'Auria) Brogna. Would love to hear from anyone with info on the Montemiletto side.

janice stinnett
QNPoohBear

Post by QNPoohBear »

jstinnett13 wrote:I, too, have family from Montemiletto. My family includes Capones and Ciarlas. I also have Todesca family from Torre. One of my great-grands was Saveria Brogna. Saveria's parents were Tomasso and Chiara (d'Auria) Brogna. Would love to hear from anyone with info on the Montemiletto side.

janice stinnett
Capone is a common name. Do you have any other names to go by? There are Capones in my family tree assumed to be from Montemiletto.
bocce

Post by bocce »

Yes, gaetano Ferraro
pat2950

Post by pat2950 »

My grandmother was from Montemiletto, last name Colella
Rjg73

Post by Rjg73 »

My mother was born in montemiletto last name Ciarla. Grandparents born there also last names Capone, Sordillo, and Guerriero.
famusto

Post by famusto »

My grandparents came from Avellino - Patrick Musto and Arlene (DeLuca) Musto - I think my great grandfather's name was Ciriaco. They lived in Pittston Pa. - I am looking for any information on relatives I may still have there and how to obtain their birth certificates.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Fran Musto
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ciriaco Musto military info
Ufficio Leva, Enlistment year 1872.Volume number 2,
document number 2 page 207 section b
Ciriaco Musto, enlisted on 03/06/1892
born on Jan 14th 1868 in MONTEMILETTO
son of Antonio Musto and of Maria Grazia Colella

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
stanom

Post by stanom »

Just got back from visiting cousins in Montemiletto....the Mottola family. My grandmother was Maria Grazia Mottola, Born in Torre Le Nocelle. She went to Boston...where she married grandpa and raised her family. Her italian family, my italian family, is still nearby, in Montefusco and Montemiletto. They welcomed us with open arms...wonderful people.
QNPoohBear

Post by QNPoohBear »

How wonderful! We don't have any direct family left there as far as we know, but my grandmother, Finicola (Fannie) Censale was born there in 1911. Her father Dominic had relatives and we have photos of my great-aunt with people labeled something like "Pop's sister's son" or with a person's name and no way of knowing who those people are. My dad did meet his father's family in Lapio and they were very welcoming. They're getting used to all us crazy Americans from Boston stumbling onto them. THEY knew where WE were. The young generations are enjoying keeping up on Facebook.
Shawn42Smith

Post by Shawn42Smith »

Gaetano Ferraro and Roseanne Bevelaqua
Francisco Ferraro and Louise Capone
Theodore and Ursla Bevelaqua

-Shawn Smith
Peabody,MA USA
miamiwings

Post by miamiwings »

I just saw your post from 2012. I am one of the people who said my grandfather was Raphael Brogna. Perhaps it wasnt the same Raphael because his children were named Freda, Jim, Joe, Lena Fred, Florence, John Frank. there were 9 in total. My mother was Lena Immigration changed his name to Brown when he came to US but his brother, Giovanni was able to keep his as Brogna,
jwilker167

Post by jwilker167 »

My 6th great grandmother Rosolina Capone was from Montemiletto. BIRTH 1755 • Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy
DEATH 13 JULY 1822 • Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy
She was married to DomenicoAntonio Meracadate he was the Mayor in Montefalcione.
BIRTH 1750 • Montefalcione, Avellino, Campania, Italy
DEATH 6 JUL 1831 • Montefalcione, Avellino, Campania
NJBrogna

Post by NJBrogna »

As with others here, I'm looking for some help to determine possible links to relatives from Montemiletto. My wife's great grandfather Flaminio "Frank" Brogna was born in Montemiletto between 1887-1890. He ended up in New Jersey, married Rose d'Mato, and had 7 children between 1909-23 (Lillian, Mary, Mildred, John, Angelina, Joseph, Frank). I've found two possible Flaminio Brogna's - but not sure which is the match.

1) Flaminio Brogna b1887, son of Giovannatonio Brogna (1858-1944) & Maria Diletta Gubitosa (1857-1906)

2) Flaminio Brogna b1890, son of Alesandro Brogna (1847-?) & Maria Carmela Colella (1853-?)

Thanks in advance!
SFrushon

Post by SFrushon »

famusto wrote:My grandparents came from Avellino - Patrick Musto and Arlene (DeLuca) Musto - I think my great grandfather's name was Ciriaco. They lived in Pittston Pa. - I am looking for any information on relatives I may still have there and how to obtain their birth certificates.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Fran Musto
Fran Musto, My Great Grandfather was from Montemiletto. On February 19 1894, at the age of 20 he immigrated to USA and settled in Pittston PA. He traveled with 5 to 7 others (my Dad always said "7 others") from Montemiletto Italy on that voyage, on ship named Weser that departed from Naples Italy, including: Giovanni Musto, Giuseppe Pisani, Giovvanni Minichello, Pasquale Minichello, Giuseppe Minichello.....

I just visited my hometown yesterday, near Pittson. My Great Grandfather and his wife settled in Pittston PA 1900's - 1930's: Giuseppe Antonio Frusciante (Joseph Frushon) and Bettina Viscardi (Elizabeth Frushon).

I, and my brother, are carrying on with our Father's genealogy research of many years, after he passed away in January 2015. Does anyone else have Frusciante ancestors or relatives from or still living in Montemiletto Italy?

Our Family Burial Plot is at St Rocco's Cemetery in Pittson PA, where there are quite a few Musto Families, and at least one Deluca Family if I am not mistaken, among others that we probably know. There were 4 Frusciante Families that I know of that settled in the Pittston and Exeter PA area. The Frusciante Families do not have direct relations that we know of. We do have direct family relations with the Musto families.

My Grandmother's Family also settled in West Pittston and Exeter PA area. Their name was Anselmi. There were a few Anselmi families from Northern Italy, no direct relations that we know of. A few of my relatives have also kept records of ancestors, including my Father who has gathered many Birth certificates and marriage certificates etc. that we will carry on with the help of my brother, and eventually publish a Family History.

I would be glad to help, Fran. Do you live in Italy or US?
sf
Jay9NJ

Post by Jay9NJ »

Hello, so happy that others are searching this town and there is real information to share.

My Great Grandfather and possibly my Great Grandmother were from Montemiletto. I'm hoping to find as much info as I can about them.

His name is Gaetano Trancucci. I believe he was born in 1874. Her name is Luisa Frusciante, also possibly born in 1874. I would love to know if there is anyway to obtain actual birth records for the two of them. I would need more specific details, however, such as their birth months and days, and an actual confirmation that these are the birth years. I've come up with so many inaccuracies during this search. It would be great to have actual documents with proof.

I believe Gaetano came to the US in 1899. Would you have any info to share?

Janine Trancucci-Lodetti
New Jersey