Risi and Fusco families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Risi and Fusco families

Post by millybobs »

Hi Emmy
I've found the same problem with indexes not being in alphabetical order. I follow you're reasoning about Gertrulda's father's name being Fusco - unless, of course, she was illegitimate like her husband!?! :?

Thanks Elizabeth for your contribution.
The fact, though, that we can't rely on the indexes is a little disconcerting. I've been doing this and wonder what I might have missed already. :oops:

Paul
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

I felt the same way when I realized it. Fortunate for me it was only my third time at the research center so I just started over from the beginning, and I no longer use the indexes.

Sorry Paul
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Elizabeth and Paul,
Know the saying 'Many hands make light work!' glad you are following this thread Elizabeth. I know recording all the information from the films I have is going to take an eternity (especially after what I did last night :oops: :evil: :x I had finished recording the index and the Death records for 1860 then did the unmentionable! XXXXXX couldnt print here what was in my mind :x :x without great difficulty I deleted the whole lot and have tried EVERYTHING and cant get it back so I need to begin again!)but from what you are saying about names being missed out on the index at least if I'm recording both it will be like a cross reference and would show up things like that -I hope!

Paul
IFGertrulda was illegitimate like her husband then when and if we find the birth act it will only be her mother's name there, if that's the case then the Domenicantonio mentioned in the marriage document would have to have been her husband. Yes/No? All speculation I know - like trying to solve a crossword with only a few clues!

When you visited Portella did you ask if they kept any birth records there - or is it definate that all births from the surrounding areas were recorded in Sant'Elia Fm.?
Emmy
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Em

Sorry you lost your work. Had you saved it at all while recording?
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Emmy
Sorry about that too. Computers, don't you just love 'em.

You're right about Gertrulda - as we feel fairly sure Domenicantonio is her father then she wasn't illegit. Silly me!

Portella is only a very small village and was even smaller in 1850s - I checked at Sant'E commune and any records would definitely be kept there as there are no public offices in Portella.

Paul
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

No Elizabeth I couldn't have saved it or I would have been able to trace it doing a search I did print off a copy but I need to have it on the computer to be able to make some corrections and also to transfer it onto a disc and just as you said, I was checking the information tonight and there is an entry in the death record that's not on the index AND it has the same ref. number as one already listed on the index but its a different person? Gets more complicated by the minute. I'm going to add it on at the end.
Paul on Tuesday I'm going to order the birth records for 1844-1849 I need to check this too to make sure my grandfather didnt have any older brothers/sisters, just maybe when this arrives we both may get some answers :D unless Geltrulda's family moved to Cassino before she was born? but somehow I have a feeling she WAS born/registered in Sant'Elia
Just wished someone could give a definate answer about the
fu Domenicantonio di Sant'Elia
athe the end of the birth act.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Sirena wrote:Fu after a woman's name usually means that she was is a widow. The name that follows " fu" is her former husband's last name.
Sirena, this is not true...
Fu after a name means son (or daughter) of the late .....

In this document Domenicantonio is the father of Geltrude Fusco. Domenicantonio was born in S'Elia and died before this marriage
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

millybobs wrote:Thanks Sirena and Emmy for your help. So it seems like Geltrude Fusco was the widow of Domenicantonio Fusco of Sant'Elia when she married Lorenzo Risi in Cassino in 1873.
Looks like I need to order the marriage records microfilm for that year for Cassino. I wonder if that will give me Geltrude's maiden name?

Paul
Geltrude Fusco was the daughter of Domenicantonio Fusco of Sant'Elia when she married Lorenzo Risi in Cassino in 1873.
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Thanks, Livio, for clarifying this point.
Paul
bj38lab

Post by bj38lab »

Hi, I live in Australia and Giovanna Mazzoni and Guiseppe Risi are my Grandparents. My Mother is their daughter and she was born in Gateshead as Antonia Risi on 05 November 1916. Please reply with an e-mail address as I have been looking into my Mother's family history since she passed away in 2005 and haven't been able to find any of her Brothers or Sisters if any are still alive.
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Hi
I have sent you a personal message.
Millybobs
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

My great grandfather's Birth Act (dated 1850) gives his mother's name as Giacomina RISI aged 30, residing in San Germano (Cassino). I have found a Birth Act for a Giacoma Anna Alessandra RISI for 1 May 1820 in San Germano. I could find no other female RISIs born in S Germano from 1815 - 1821 (the dates of the microfilm I had available).

I understand Giacoma is not a particularly common girl's name; is it safe to assume that Giacoma and Giacomina are one and the same person? Any opinion would be gratefully received! :D

Paul
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Giacoma/Giacomina ?
On records for my G Grandmother her name was written as Felica and on others as Felicita
I think I remember Suanj telling me that Giovanni Battista is often written as Giovambattista.
So I think it would be quite probable that Giacoma and Giacomina would be one and the same person.

Could someone else please give their thoughts on this :) Thanks if you do!
Emmy
Tishy

Post by Tishy »

Dear Paul,

It seems that your Grandfather Vincent was my Grandmother Maria's brother (she became known as Mary).

My Uncle Dennis, who lives in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne (where most of your Grandfather's sisters moved to from Hull), was given the middle name Vincent in honour of your Grandfather.

It would be great if you could get in touch on: rebbie@blueyonder.co.uk
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Hi Tishy
Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year to you.
It's good to hear from you as I've been trying to make the connection between the Newcastle Risis and those from Hull for some time. I am sending you some information direct to your email address.
Regards
Paul