PENCO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Talusadur

PENCO

Post by Talusadur »

I am searching for any geneological information for Arturo Penco (b. 4 October, 1914 in Trieste Venezia Guillia area/died 19 July 1991 Adelaide South Australia. His Father was Antonio Penco and Mother was Maria Veick (dates unknown). Can anyone help??
Claude
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Claude. There are 26 Penco surnamed persons in the city of Trieste and 4 in the province of Trieste and there are an additional Penco surnamed persons in the adjoinng province of Pordenone. The probability of his birth in Trieste city itself see the most fertile area to zero in on. I assum when you state you are seeking genealogical information that you do not have any documents from Italy nor have you accessed his immigration inward records from OZ national archives (www.naa.gov.au) as well as e-mail ref@naa.gov.au which will conttain his basic vital data. I also assume he served in the Italian army. Did they marry in the city of Trieste ? Since there are 32 Penco surnamed persons and if all esle fails yoiu can always send a generic letter to all 32 Penco surnamed persons in Trieste and find family. Please let me know. Peter
AdrianaPenco

Re: PENCO

Post by AdrianaPenco »

Talusadur wrote:I am searching for any geneological information for Arturo Penco (b. 4 October, 1914 in Trieste Venezia Guillia area/died 19 July 1991 Adelaide South Australia. His Father was Antonio Penco and Mother was Maria Veick (dates unknown). Can anyone help??
Claude
Hi, Claude:
We´re also looking for Penco family, but ours seem to have come to Argentina from Genova or its area of influence, though we could not tell for sure. Since there are no documents, Genova might only have been the port of departure. The earliest name we have is from our greatgrandfather named Santiago Penco, born in 1880. I hope we can all find our relatives soon!
Adriana[/quote]
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Claude your most recent message prompts me to ask if he you followed thru with any of the suggestions I put forth? peter
Talusadur

Post by Talusadur »

Hi Peter,

I have requested a search of the National Archives in Canberra, but they are processing 16th April requests at the moment. I have asked my mother for all of her older paperwork and family photos as there is some info there. Will let u know when I find something. Claude
Talusadur

Post by Talusadur »

Hi Adriana,

My family lines appear to be from Trieste, but I can't be sure if it wasn't from Genova. My mother was born in Castelnuovo in Reggio Emiliga, but lived her young life in Genova. By the way, my sister's name was Adriana. She unfortunately passed away when she was only 2 and I never got to know her as I was born later. Claude
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Claude please keep me posted. Peter