Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Post by marymary52 »

I have received the marriage license of my grandfather Luigi Scognamiglio and annia Jovino. I have be trying to find info on my grandmother. My family said her last name was "Arena". I could not find anything on her. She was young when she died in around 1924. Finally I received the marriage license and Her last name was Jovino. She Was married in New York in August 1900' and she was 17 years old. Her mother was Donata Gallo and her father was Catello.
Liigi's parents were Maria Rosato/Rosati and his father was Stanislao All from Castellamare di Satabia Napoli.
I don't no why my family thought the last name was Arena. I can't wait to show my family what I found. I must say the marriage license gives out a lot of info. If you are in a stand still with your genealogy try getting the Marriage license. I love this web site!!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped me in the past.
If anyone can find any info on Donata Gallo or Catello Jovino/Jovina i would love to find more info and I cannot find Annina manifest into Ellis Island. I can't find anything on her! 17 was young to get married and I don't know how long she was in the U.S. before she got Married. I heard she got
married on the boat! I don't know where that came from! She was born Italy. Thanks again, Margaret Mary
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Post by adelfio »

Double post has been replied to
Thread
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... logy/32323

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Post by marymary52 »

Sorry I don't know what happen. AND I don't know how to delete them.