Livio - Your church and civil records URLs won't open

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Livio - Your church and civil records URLs won't open

Post by rp76226 »

Livio, hope you are reading this. The spreadsheet for church and civil records URLs that you once put on this forum opens up in Internet Explorer when you click on a link which no longer works for FamilySearch.org which is where your links are tied to. Do you have a new link that opens up to Google Chrome?

Ron
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Livio - Your church and civil records URLs won't open

Post by liviomoreno »

The address is still the same http://liviomoreno.altervista.org/Famil ... Search.xls
Some times it does not open and I'm trying to investigate with Altervista, the web provider.
I checked 2 minutes ago, and it looks ok, with Chrome.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

liviomoreno wrote:The address is still the same http://liviomoreno.altervista.org/Famil ... Search.xls
Some times it does not open and I'm trying to investigate with Altervista, the web provider.
I checked 2 minutes ago, and it looks ok, with Chrome.
Odd... I just tried it and it is not working for me also. :-(

T.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I can't get it to work. The blue links to the church and civil records which are on the spreadsheet (that I have saved in my Documents file), when clicked on, automatically try to open in Familysearch.org in Internet Explorer which no longer supports FamilySearch.org. I don't see a way to make those links utilize Google Chrome instead. I tried re-clicking on the link you supplied here, but that only produces a page not found error.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Now it does not open even for me. I'm trying to get a solution through Altervista
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

rp76226 wrote:I can't get it to work. The blue links to the church and civil records which are on the spreadsheet (that I have saved in my Documents file), when clicked on, automatically try to open in Familysearch.org in Internet Explorer which no longer supports FamilySearch.org. I don't see a way to make those links utilize Google Chrome instead. I tried re-clicking on the link you supplied here, but that only produces a page not found error.
Well, it tries to open with the default browser you defined within Excel.
In any case many links are broken because FS did change the address, and I'm , slowly, trying to recover them. For the not working links, the only help you get from my file is the name of the Collection in which the town is comprised. :(
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Livio, it's been a while since we discussed this topic. Were you ever able to fix the problem? If yes, could you please send me the link to save your spreadsheet of links?

Ron Puma

P.S. if you do, is it okay to send it to others looking for church records?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I'm sorry but I had no time to fix it.