Looking for Italian cookie Recipe - Scatatti or scatatta

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
jshannon2005

Looking for Italian cookie Recipe - Scatatti or scatatta

Post by jshannon2005 »

My father used to buy an almond cookie for my mom that she loved. My father passed away several years ago and the bakery he used to buy the cookies from closed over ten years ago. I would love to get the recipe so I can bake the cookies for my mom. I know she would smile and think fondly of my dad.

The cookie was called Scatatti. This is a very crunchy cookie with cinnamon and lemon accents. I am not sure about the spelling, but I think it is an Italian almond cookie from the Sicilian region of Italy . Does anyone happen to have a recipe for this Italian cookie, or know of another name it might be called?

Thank you for looking!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Italian cookie Recipe - Scatatti or scatatta

Post by Tessa78 »

This may be what you are looking for?

Description:
Sicilian Schattate...an almond specialty from Alia, Sicily

http://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian ... ttate.html

T.
jshannon2005

Post by jshannon2005 »

Hi Tessa! Thank you so much for your quick reply. I think this may be the elusive cookie recipe I have been searching for-- I cannot wait to make up a batch and see. I will update everyone. Thank you again. :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Glad to help! :-D

T.