Schifano Surname in Chiusa Sclafani Sicily

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Schifano Surname in Chiusa Sclafani Sicily

Post by figaro66 »

Need Help in Translating
Leonardo Schifano Son of Joseph Schifano & innocenza 1721. I need help in translation. Second on the right of Document https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351179801
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Schifano Surname in Chiusa Sclafani Sicily

Post by figaro66 »

Translation Needed:I Found Innocenza Schifano's Bap record thanks to those on this page, I am sending the URL over to see if it can be translated. She is the second one on the left of the document, Her parents are Leonardo Schifano & Maria Ragusa. Just a note Found their Bap records in the Index (Indice) Just have to go to that year Book https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351190201
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

figaro66 wrote:Need Help in Translating
Leonardo Schifano Son of Joseph Schifano & innocenza 1721. I need help in translation. Second on the right of Document https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351179801
Leonardo Francesco was baptized on January 9 1721. He was born the same day and was the son of Giuseppe and Innocenza Schifano.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

figaro66 wrote:Translation Needed:I Found Innocenza Schifano's Bap record thanks to those on this page, I am sending the URL over to see if it can be translated. She is the second one on the left of the document, Her parents are Leonardo Schifano & Maria Ragusa. Just a note Found their Bap records in the Index (Indice) Just have to go to that year Book https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351190201
Innocenza was baptized on November 30 1745. She was born the same day and was the daughter of Leonardo and Maria Schifano (I don't see the surname Ragusa).
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Thank you, I appreciate that. Her parents full names are on her marriage record. I recently found out Innocenza was born in Chuisa Sclafani, She married Caetani Cutrera and she went to his town of Corleone, Where their children were born.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

figaro66 wrote:Thank you, I appreciate that. Her parents full names are on her marriage record. I recently found out Innocenza was born in Chuisa Sclafani, She married Caetani Cutrera and she went to his town of Corleone, Where their children were born.
The correct name, in Italian, is Gaetano
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I thought Innocenza Schifano parents were Mariano and Maria Schifano on her death record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

According to a Translater It is Leonardo Mariano Schifano & Maria Ragusa. I found a the birth record for Leonardo 1721 and his Mother is also Named Innocenza, So I am guessing that the Innocenza I was searching was named after her Fathers Mother, Does this make sense. I Have all the records If you want to check it out.
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Here is Innocenza marriage record to Geatani Cutrera, the marriage record does not give the name of the priest; indeed it is not a typical marrige record; it just states that the marriage bans were done in the parish church of the groom (San Martino in Corleone) but the marriage itself was celebrated elsewhere ( does not specify where)
Luigi, Here it is!! https://familysearch.org/.../TH-266-11710-116924-22...
Italy, Palermo, Diocesi di Monreale, Catholic Church Records, 1531-1998 Image Italy, Palermo,...
Innocenza's parents were the late Leonardo Schifano and the living Maria Ragusa, the wedding was celebrated on the 14th of October 1764 in Chiusa [Sclafani] by the reverend Gioacchino Schifano, the witnesses were Joseph Geraci and the Reverend Rocco Ragusa. The marriage contract is among the deeds of notary Pietro Tortorici
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

figaro66 wrote:...
Luigi, Here it is!! https://familysearch.org/.../TH-266-11710-116924-22...
This link does not work...
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Gaetani Cutrera & Innocenza Schifano Marriage
Gaetani Cutrera & Innocenza Schifano Marriage
Attachments
Caetani Cutrera & Innocenza Schifano Marriage record 1864.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Just to be picky, in Italian the name is Gaetano. The surname is Cultrera.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Did you find another death record for Innocenza Schifano with Leonardo Schifano and Maria Ragusa instead of Mariano and Maria Schifano
CLICK ON DEATH RECORD TO ENLARGE
schifanodeath.jpg
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Marty
No I haven't. To be sure let me see what I can find and go through these records again. Do you think this is the wrong Death Record??
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

No I think it is the right one with the husband being Gaetano Cutrera

Marty

Marty