Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lydiatheys

Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?

Post by lydiatheys »

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this translation? It is off the usual track and I have gotten lost. What I think I can read:

In 1871 on the 8th day of September in the Community House (?) (something about 16) a me Gennaro Lucaro judge (/) of this comune of Scala Coeli, something Rossano, province of Calabria, city official of the civil state (?) has come before me Filomena Fazio daughter of Favincenzo, 30 years old, by profession a spinner, living in Scala Coeli, which was told to me that on the 4th day of the above month at 16:00 hours ??? union with a man without consent...

I see a baby was born named Zimerman Biccotti Pasquale Fazio, but can't understand what is being said. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Lydia
Attachments
Zimerman Biccotti Fazio Birth.jpg
Lydia
Towns: Scala Coeli in Cosenza, Crucoli in Crotone, Macchia Albanese and San Demetrio Corone in Cosenza, possibly Zagarese
Fazio, Amato, Leguori (Liguore), Merenda, Madera
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help Translating Tricky Birth Record, Please?

Post by erudita74 »

lydiatheys wrote:Hello,

Can anyone help me with this translation? It is off the usual track and I have gotten lost. What I think I can read:

In 1871 on the 8th day of September in the Town Hall at 4 P.M. (alle ore sedici) dinanzi a me Gennaro Lucaro sindaco (mayor) of this town of Scala Coeli, Circondario (administrative district) di Rossano, province of Calabria, official of the civil state- has come before me Filomena Fazio daughter of deceased (fu Vincenzo), 30 years old, by profession a spinner, living in Scala Coeli, which was told to me that on the 4th day of the above month at 16:00 hours (4 P.M.) from her union with a man who did not consent to be named, in the house of her own habitation located on Strada Toledo, was born a baby of masculine sex that she was presenting to me -the one given the name Zimerman Riccotti Pasquale

Her declaration was made in the presence of Gaetano Madera, son of deceased Costantino (Madera), age 42 (?), a day laborer (bracciante) and Rosario Chiarello, son of deceased Simone (Chiarello), age 41, also a day laborer.

The act was signed only by the town official, as the declarant and the witnesses did not know how to write.

Erudita

Thanks!
Lydia
lydiatheys

Post by lydiatheys »

Thank you so much,erudita!

This woman is likely to be a cousin or some relative of my direct ancestors. I came across it browsing the records for the town. It looks as if there is quite a story there. Especially given the child's name.
Lydia
Towns: Scala Coeli in Cosenza, Crucoli in Crotone, Macchia Albanese and San Demetrio Corone in Cosenza, possibly Zagarese
Fazio, Amato, Leguori (Liguore), Merenda, Madera
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Yes, some of these records do lend themselves to some very interesting stories.

Erudita