Birth Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Sasso
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Certificate

Post by Sasso »

I have been translating this document to the best of my ability which, I admit, is not very good. However, I've muddled through until I reached the last sentence before the signatures. This completely baffles me. Also, the sentence with Maria's name. If anyone could help me with this that would be great.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 10.57.16 AM.png
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificate

Post by liviomoreno »

I read the present act to all the attendees who signed it with me, except Francesco D'Orio who is illiterate.
De Siano Maria Giusepa (daughter of) deceased Baldassarre, his legitimate wife, seamstress, living with him.
Sasso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sasso »

Thank you for helping. Again. :)

I have a question. On another birth certificate, there is some writing on the side. From what I can gather, as the handwriting is quite small on my computer screen, it is some sort of contract. Would this be something saying he is promised to someone else? Is this common on birth certificates?
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

Birth acts often have notes in the margin that refer to the subsequent marriage acts and/or death acts of the individual.

Often the annotation will give the date of the other life event(s) and the act number that can be cross-referenced.
TerraLavoro
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post the birth record with the margin notes?

T.
Sasso
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sasso »

Resurrecting an old post because I've just come back to it and still have the same problem. Really small handwriting and I'm not entirely sure what it says.

I never saw your last post Tessa! I'm sorry, I would've answered!

I've attached a screenshot and the link.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... Q:52376401
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 11.11.40 PM.png
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

On Jan 12th, 1902, Vincenzo d'Orio married in Lacco Ameno Maria Loreta d'Orio, daughter of Francesco and Maria Giuseppa de Siano.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.