Italian Documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
michaud
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Documents

Post by michaud »

Hello
I have a document from Celano Italy that I need translated into English. How do I go about this? It doesn't have to be professional, I just need to know what it says.
Thanks
Crystal
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Italian Documents

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Crystal,

You can post the image of your document here using an image-sharing sire such as http://www.postimage.org
One of us would be happy to translate for you. :D

T.
michaud
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michaud »

Thanks sooooo much Tessa78.
I've uploaded the photos.....
This is the last document that I need in order to obtain my italian citizenship. My mother was born in 1940.....so my grandfather can not have given up his citizenship prior to her birth date. I do have documents stating that he obtained his canadian citizenship in the late 40's....
Thanks...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

They certify that
Simplicio Villa, son of Antonio and Rosaria Berardicurti was born in Celano on Aug 16th, 1893, and was resident in Celano.
They also state there's no evidence of his date of emigration, and no info about variations of citizenship.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
michaud
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michaud »

Thanks pippo
So do you know what that means for citizenship? The italian consulate in Toronto wanted proof that my grandfather never gave up his italian citizenship before my mother was born in 1940 even though I showed proof that he obtained his canadian citizenship in 1947. Now I'm worried.....